Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12129
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
HybriDSMJan-12-04 04:20 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12148, "RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*"
In response to In response to 18

Basically, what I think Tony means, and what I thinkas well is:

You are over complicating this by a long shot. By putting it in the DP you'll have to add numbers up on the fly to get your reading, and even if you are worried about the gauge pegging and reading only 1600 when its actually 1700+, it doesn't matter. If you are running 1600 at all you are near a danger area so you should have it tuned better anyway. All it seems like you are doing is adding an unnecessary step. Also, when you start modding it heavily it will be a HUGE pain in the butt to look at a few gauges and then for one of them have to add numbers on to it to make sure that reading is within safe specs. Or just buy a gauge that reads higher than 1600.

Looking from boost to EGT to knock to SAFC is tough. I melted a piston with Jeff in the car helping me monitor and neither of us saw the EGT's climb to danger levels. We were looking at other things. Imagine having just you in the car and then having to look at EGT, see where it is, then add a number to that to see if you're in spec. It just seems so overly complicated. You get the most meaningful and accurate readings in the exhaust manifold, so why do it anywhere but there. If you are worried about tapping and drilling it and it breaking off, have a shop do it for 10 bucks. Professionally done with no worries and you can check the probe every few months or so to see if its intact. It just unscrews like a normal bolt.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? [View all] , Diceman19, Jan-09-04 05:57 PM
  RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 06:55 AM, #1
RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 07:12 AM, #2
      RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 09:16 AM, #3
           RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 09:37 AM, #4
                RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 11:19 AM, #5
                     RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-10-04 12:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-10-04 01:17 PM, #7
                               RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 07:07 PM, #8
                                    RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 07:38 PM, #9
                                         RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 07:21 AM, #10
                                              RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-11-04 07:28 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 09:43 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 09:56 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 10:15 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 10:30 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 03:39 PM, #16
                                                                            RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-11-04 06:47 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 02:41 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-12-04 04:20 AM #19
                                                                                           RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-12-04 06:09 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, thedawg, Jan-12-04 07:11 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 11:28 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-12-04 12:00 PM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-12-04 01:17 PM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-12-04 02:00 PM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-12-04 02:20 PM, #26
                                                                                                                         RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 02:42 PM, #27
                                                                                                                              RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-12-04 03:52 PM, #28
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Vandy420a, Jan-12-04 09:20 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-13-04 03:08 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-13-04 04:01 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                        RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-13-04 04:53 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-13-04 07:33 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-13-04 07:53 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Vandy420a, Jan-13-04 09:31 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 03:23 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-14-04 08:08 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 08:24 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 09:07 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-14-04 09:25 AM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-04 12:48 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-14-04 12:48 PM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-04 12:56 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Remy, Jan-14-04 01:54 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 02:10 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 04:10 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 06:01 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 12:42 PM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-15-04 01:26 PM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 02:15 PM, #50
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-15-04 04:36 PM, #51
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 04:44 PM, #52
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Remy, Jan-15-04 05:13 PM, #53

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12129 Previous topic | Next topic