Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12129
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Diceman19Jan-11-04 03:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12145, "RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*"
In response to In response to 15
Jan-11-04 03:49 PM by Diceman19

i believe that i read it is around 150 degrees difference between the DP and the manifold. regardless of the turbo cooling the exhaust, it will still be very hot.

here is my exact plan. my car is completely stock right now. i am going to monitor on the DP to get some base readings. mitsu would not make the car run dangerous temps when they offer a warranty, they dont want to be fixing blown engines from melting parts hence i wont have to worry about where i monitor them from, as long as they are constant. once i have my base readings for idle, WOT, and cruise. once i start modding and gain a need to tune, i will monitor the temps so that they stay near my base readings or slightly lower. i know running rich will make me run a little bit cooler, but only to a point. if i monitor the timing via a pocketlogger and watch my EGT's so that they resemble the base readings i got. opinions?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? [View all] , Diceman19, Jan-09-04 05:57 PM
  RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 06:55 AM, #1
RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 07:12 AM, #2
      RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe?, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 09:16 AM, #3
           RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 09:37 AM, #4
                RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 11:19 AM, #5
                     RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-10-04 12:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-10-04 01:17 PM, #7
                               RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-10-04 07:07 PM, #8
                                    RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-10-04 07:38 PM, #9
                                         RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 07:21 AM, #10
                                              RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-11-04 07:28 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 09:43 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 09:56 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 10:15 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Skillionaire, Jan-11-04 10:30 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-11-04 03:39 PM #16
                                                                            RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-11-04 06:47 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 02:41 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-12-04 04:20 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-12-04 06:09 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, thedawg, Jan-12-04 07:11 AM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 11:28 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-12-04 12:00 PM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-12-04 01:17 PM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-12-04 02:00 PM, #25
                                                                                                                    RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-12-04 02:20 PM, #26
                                                                                                                         RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-12-04 02:42 PM, #27
                                                                                                                              RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-12-04 03:52 PM, #28
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Vandy420a, Jan-12-04 09:20 PM, #29
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-13-04 03:08 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                   RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-13-04 04:01 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                        RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-13-04 04:53 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-13-04 07:33 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-13-04 07:53 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Vandy420a, Jan-13-04 09:31 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 03:23 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-14-04 08:08 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 08:24 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 09:07 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, HybriDSM, Jan-14-04 09:25 AM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-04 12:48 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-14-04 12:48 PM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-14-04 12:56 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Remy, Jan-14-04 01:54 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 02:10 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Diceman19, Jan-14-04 04:10 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-14-04 06:01 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 12:42 PM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-15-04 01:26 PM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 02:15 PM, #50
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-15-04 04:36 PM, #51
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Hult250R, Jan-15-04 04:44 PM, #52
                                                                                                                                             RE: Where should I/did you mount the EGT probe? *LONG*, Remy, Jan-15-04 05:13 PM, #53

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #12129 Previous topic | Next topic