Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137964
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxJul-02-13 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137974, "RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by Castle
Thanks for responding. 1) Okay so when I installed the engine I had put a new crankshaft position pigtail in her. I just coppied the orignal connector, but I was wondering if the previous owner messed with the wires on the original. That's why I was inquiring about what terminal is what. I wired to what the Haynes manual said. I wonder if the wires where messed up would it mess up the new crank sensor?

As long as you copied the connections from the old to the new in the same order, you should be fine.

2) So basically I checked all grounds for ecu, every ground is good. I guess I will inspect the wires from crank to ecu to asd to coil?

Good plan. You described that the car cranks over fine, but no spark. Somewhere along the line between crank sensor, coil, ASD relay you have some sort of interference that is not getting the proper signal to fire the coils. Out of curiosity, do you have a spare coil you can try to use just to rule that out? Need to verify you have power to the coil (middle wire on coil plug), ground, and a signal reference. If you have all 3 of those, the car should technically be getting spark and start.

3) Idk if this helps but I disconnected the crank sensor and I still had 8.3 volts coming out of signal to crank.

Normal. Test the wire at the ecu and then by the sensor. Verify you have an 8v+ reference on both ends. If you don't, then the wire between those two points has a fault in it and you should run a new wire.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

no spark, no fuel priming. ecm? [View all] , Castle, Jun-29-13 12:56 PM
  RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-01-13 07:00 PM, #1
RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 06:39 AM, #2
      RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 07:26 AM, #3
           RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 08:30 AM #4
                RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 09:46 AM, #5
                     RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 10:04 AM, #6
                          RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 10:15 AM, #7
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:36 AM, #8
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:37 AM, #9
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 10:45 AM, #11
                                    RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 11:54 AM, #12
                                         RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 12:24 PM, #13
                                              RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 06:19 PM, #14
                                                   RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-09-13 07:28 PM, #15
                                                        RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 04:47 AM, #16
                                                             RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-10-13 06:32 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 06:41 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-10-13 07:05 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 07:31 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-13-13 04:54 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-16-13 04:06 PM, #22
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:43 AM, #10
                                    RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-16-13 05:56 PM, #23

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137964 Previous topic | Next topic