Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137964
View in linear mode

Subject: "no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?" Previous topic | Next topic
CastleJun-29-13 12:56 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2013
22 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137964, "no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?"

Hello all I live in LI NY.

I purchased a 1995 Eclipse GS mt. She had bent rod so I changed the engine with a jnk yard special. From what I see she has a obx intake Manny and some sort of exhuast set up all the way back. I replaced all timing components except oil pump. Crank, cam, knock(middle sensor backside).
So I fired her up and put 2500 miles on her and the whole time the b1 sensor 2 kept coming on and of, until recently. And the whole time at idle the rpm jumps around between 800 and 1100. So I was about a half an hour driving down the highway and she was sputtering, popping, like she shut off. Codes 1390 and I forgot the other two codes number, coil primary no signal and secondary no signal or intermittent. Nowthe cars completely dead, sorry I mean cranks and no start.

So I have checked the following; crank sensor, now as per the Haynes manual the terminals on the connector read from left looking at the sensor, terminal 1 signal(blue/white). terminal 2 power supply(yellow). terminal 3 ground(black/green). If I'm wrong please correct me. The person who owned the car before me had terminal 1 Signal, terminal 2 ground and 3 power.
I get a supply voltage of 9 volts to crank sensor from ecu with my truck trying to jump it.
I get a signal of 8.3 volts from ecu to crank sensor.
Changed asd and fpr, still Dick.
When testing voltage at middle coil plug wire it goes 12v to ground in two secs.
Back to asd, red and white wire is dead no ground or juice Coming out of ecu, I send ground to it relay clicks. steady 12v to middle wire for coil. Trying starting nothing.
FPr juice(12v) to white and red and once I ground it relay kicks on and fuel pump Runs.
Next I ground fpr and asd still no start.

I'm about to stick a rag in the tank and light that bitch up. Lol

Is there another place the asd and fuel relay wires go besides ecu and crank, maybe in the cab?

So if any budding could help me out I would appreciate it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

no spark, no fuel priming. ecm? [View all] , Castle, Jun-29-13 12:56 PM
  RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-01-13 07:00 PM, #1
RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 06:39 AM, #2
      RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 07:26 AM, #3
           RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 08:30 AM, #4
                RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 09:46 AM, #5
                     RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-02-13 10:04 AM, #6
                          RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 10:15 AM, #7
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:36 AM, #8
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:37 AM, #9
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 10:45 AM, #11
                                    RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 11:54 AM, #12
                                         RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-02-13 12:24 PM, #13
                                              RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 06:19 PM, #14
                                                   RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-09-13 07:28 PM, #15
                                                        RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 04:47 AM, #16
                                                             RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-10-13 06:32 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 06:41 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-10-13 07:05 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-10-13 07:31 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-13-13 04:54 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-16-13 04:06 PM, #22
                               RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-02-13 10:43 AM, #10
                                    RE: no spark, no fuel priming. ecm?, Castle, Jul-16-13 05:56 PM, #23

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #137964 Previous topic | Next topic