Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?" Previous topic | Next topic
MaStASep-27-04 12:17 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2004
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3552, "RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?"
In response to In response to 7

Ok some ok news I guess. This morning I get up to another Cottman around 8:30 and talk with the guys. They do their free check and a tech drives it etc. They don't see any problems so I go for a ride with the guy and boom it starts slipping for him. So after that I end up revealing to them I just had a new clutch installed and how they said they think this and that is leaking. So here the manager of that store says the general manager should be there in a couple minutes. Oh great here comes the guy from the other store which I didn't know was the general manger of this one as well so anyways I have it out with this guy. He is an older man so he was huffin and puffin so they end up making me take it back to the one that did the clutch job. So they get out there and start inspecting again and they go, Oh we found something we think the fill plug is bad HAHA I was like the other cottman just checked the tranny fluid level and that is why it looks like it is leaking so ok that gets scratched. So we come to the conclusion of I will not pay a penny for them to drop the tranny so they do that and look at that no leaks or anything and it's dry as can be. So I end up telling them I want the Mitsubishi oil in there so I go and spend $32 on 3 quarts of the oil for the NV-T350 transaxle and they will be using that tomorrow. So I was like well why does it engage so high and all. I talked to Mitsubishi mechanics and they said it should engage at the most half way up and engaging at the top is just not right. Also the mechanic at Mitsu. said right away when I said they used bulk tranny oil he said let me guess your having shifting problems. He said that stuff will tear up the Chrysler trannies so anyways. Tomorrow a new LuK clutch kit is coming in and they are going to install that along with the Mitsubishi oil. I doubt this is going to fix where the clutch engages and the guy at cottman adjusts the master cylinder thing by the pedal and can't get it to engage farther towards the ground so what is the problem here...both master and slave is good do these people just not know how to adjust this or what? Well at least I am getting a new clutch again and using the right oil. I will let you all know what the deal is after work.

Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Am I getting ripped off or what? [View all] , MaStA, Sep-24-04 03:08 PM
  RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-24-04 06:12 PM, #1
RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-25-04 09:29 AM, #3
           RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 09:41 AM, #4
                RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 03:03 PM, #5
                     RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, grain, Sep-25-04 11:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-26-04 07:25 AM, #7
                               RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-27-04 12:17 PM #8
                                    RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-28-04 02:59 PM, #9
                                         RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-28-04 03:31 PM, #10
                                              RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-29-04 01:07 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541 Previous topic | Next topic