Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?" Previous topic | Next topic
MaStASep-25-04 07:56 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2004
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3545, "RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?"
In response to In response to 1
Sep-25-04 08:04 AM by MaStA

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
Christ, another POGE. He should've notice the rear main seal was leaking. It's not hard when you have the tranny and flexplate off and staring right at the crank. I'm willing to bet, the shifting problem is a result of wrong tranny fluid. You must go to a Dodge dealer and get the fluid for the manual transaxle for the NVT-350 tranny. If they say ATF-4, don't but it. Tell them you want 2 quarts of the mopar NVT350 tranny fluid. It will say NVT350 on it. Rear main seal shouldn't cost you more than 7 bucks. Takes like 5 minutes to install. If they charge you more than 7 bucks, then go to NAPA and ask the guy at the counter. You want the rear main seal for a 420A engine, non turbo 2.0.

Well I am not sure if it's the rear seal but here are some pictures below. I told them about the tranny being picky on the fluid and he said we've done many of these cars blah blah blah. The seal won't cost much but they want me to pay to drop the tranny again and that is bs. I doubt this place will go to a Dodge dealer and buy tranny oil from them cause they probably buy a big drum of tranny oil in bulk and use it in all tranny's period. I think I am going to take this to AAMCO monday and let them tell me what they think.

As you can see I just changed my valve cover gasket and did not clean it up yet. Could engine oil of ran down to the tranny and make it appear the tranny was leaking by any chance?

Hey look at that, they even forgot to put the cap back on the bleed valve...pos company!

My cousin said to clean off the tranny and drive around and see if the leak appears again.

Also I just called Dodge and they said it shows it takes ATF-4 and he doesn't know of any NVT-350 oil. Either way would Cottman using bulk oil screw anything up in my transmission and who could I call from like a Mitsubishi dealer or mechanic that could somehow tell Cottman that they could of possibly messed up my transmission by using the wrong fluid? Cause if using the wrong fluid can eat up organic syncro's how could it not eat up a rubber seal.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Am I getting ripped off or what? [View all] , MaStA, Sep-24-04 03:08 PM
  RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-24-04 06:12 PM, #1
RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 07:56 AM #2
      RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-25-04 09:29 AM, #3
           RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 09:41 AM, #4
                RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 03:03 PM, #5
                     RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, grain, Sep-25-04 11:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-26-04 07:25 AM, #7
                               RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-27-04 12:17 PM, #8
                                    RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-28-04 02:59 PM, #9
                                         RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-28-04 03:31 PM, #10
                                              RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-29-04 01:07 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541 Previous topic | Next topic