Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541
View in linear mode

Subject: "Am I getting ripped off or what?" Previous topic | Next topic
MaStASep-24-04 03:08 PM
Member since Jun 30th 2004
33 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3541, "Am I getting ripped off or what?"

Ok so back in July about 1,000 or 1,500 miles ago I got a brand new clutch kit installed in my 1998 Eclipse N/T and it was just a stock LuK replacement cause it is a stock car and staying stock. The reason I got the clutch replaced is because it was getting hard to shift gears. Ok so new clutch goes in and I go for a drive the clutch was very easy to push in and at times it still felt kinda hard to get in any gear. I took it back the same day and they drove it again and said it felt fine so whatever I figured let it brake in a little while and see so here I am now in September. It is still hard to get into gears and if your rolling very slow you should be able to pretty easily get into first gear but sometimes it is impossible it seems. So I called another Cottman and he said it probably just needs to have the system bled so I end up taking it back to the one I went to right off base and having the SAME guy that installed the clutch look at it. He adjusted it a bit where I easily noticed a difference in the clutch and it was better but still sometimes a little jerky to get into gear so I said would flushing the clutch(brake) fluid help. He said it wouldn't help but it would tell us if there is something like metal or anything in there. So he ends up doing that and then I come to find out he thinks the front main seal is bad cause on the left of the tranny where it looked flat and I would imagine a gasket is there was leaking a little. They say it must of just started leaking cause they would of seen it when they replaced the clutch...this seems a bit fishy to me seeing that I asked the guy who did the job well how hard would it be to replace the seal since you had my tranny open and he says I don't know. That pretty much tells me he didnt look at the seal and wouldn't know if it was bad so this all could of been prevented by him actually checking that seal out and could of been done for what $50 since the tranny was dropped already. I don't know how much that stuff costs but it would be $358 less if the tranny was already dropped. Also they said my clutch will be bad and need to be replaced now since oil is all over it and will be softened. The manager said he has to ask his boss if it will be covered under warranty...umm it freakin better be or I am going to flip out. Does this sound fishy to you or what? I think on Monday I am going to go to AAMCO to get another opinion as well as find out what his boss says about this. Also the guy who did it said now it is adjusted the way it should be meaning he didn't do it right the first time as well. Looks like they should eat that labor charge, replace the clutch, and let me pay for the seal or whatever to be replaced. He also said there has to be a reason the seal went bad which could be a bearing or bushing or something...any thoughts or ideas on what I should do here cause I am furious. I think there upset to begin with because they guarenteed me a price on the clutch before finding out it was a modular clutch and then having to "lose" money and on top of that I got a military discount. So who knows what they did right or wrong. Also is it normal if you do not touch the clutch or push it in at all and try pushing it into first gear and your car starts creeping forward slowly? Thanks a bunch beforehand. Please help!

Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Am I getting ripped off or what? [View all] , MaStA, Sep-24-04 03:08 PM
  RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-24-04 06:12 PM, #1
RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-25-04 09:29 AM, #3
           RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 09:41 AM, #4
                RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-25-04 03:03 PM, #5
                     RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, grain, Sep-25-04 11:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-26-04 07:25 AM, #7
                               RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-27-04 12:17 PM, #8
                                    RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-28-04 02:59 PM, #9
                                         RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, DSMRoadster, Sep-28-04 03:31 PM, #10
                                              RE: Am I getting ripped off or what?, MaStA, Sep-29-04 01:07 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #3541 Previous topic | Next topic