Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1527
View in linear mode

Subject: "Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work" Previous topic | Next topic
neovbApr-21-04 08:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1527, "Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work"

Im not sure if this belongs in the advanced discussion, but it seems out of the realm of basic turbo discussion to me.

Okay, so Ive been trying to so far figure out how to make the e-manage ignition work with our cars. Everything seems pretty straightforward. The only problems I seem to run into is this. The e-manage has different settings for Ignition Channels. The only ignition channel setting on the e-manage that would seem to work with our firing order (which is 1-3-4-2) is the "Inline 4 Cylider Individual Ignition". However, that setting has to take in 4 channels, apparently 1 for each spark plug. TAs far as I can figure, our ECU has only three outputs to the coil. There is a Black/Blue wire (Pin #2) and a Brown Wire (Pin #3). The third output, which is a Black/Red wire, seems to me to be a ground or a positive ground (it seems to also run to the injectors, the o2 sensors, etc.).

Has anyone solved this problem? Is there a way to go around this 2 wire setup? Am I even making any sense? Im at work right now, but when I get home I will post up some schematics and wire color diagrams of the ECU -> Coil connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work [View all] , neovb, Apr-21-04 08:35 AM
  RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, mkerley, Apr-21-04 10:15 AM, #1
RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, Apr-21-04 01:07 PM, #2
      RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, mkerley, Apr-22-04 07:40 AM, #3
           RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, jamesman, Apr-22-04 08:03 AM, #4
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, Apr-22-04 02:41 PM, #5
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, May-16-04 11:27 AM, #6
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, TeamMichael_97RS, May-18-04 08:38 AM, #7
                     RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, May-22-04 10:18 AM, #8
                          RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 07:25 AM, #9
                               RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, Teametx, Jul-02-04 04:41 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1527 Previous topic | Next topic