Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMaking the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1527&mesg_id=1527
1527, Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work
Posted by neovb, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im not sure if this belongs in the advanced discussion, but it seems out of the realm of basic turbo discussion to me.

Okay, so Ive been trying to so far figure out how to make the e-manage ignition work with our cars. Everything seems pretty straightforward. The only problems I seem to run into is this. The e-manage has different settings for Ignition Channels. The only ignition channel setting on the e-manage that would seem to work with our firing order (which is 1-3-4-2) is the "Inline 4 Cylider Individual Ignition". However, that setting has to take in 4 channels, apparently 1 for each spark plug. TAs far as I can figure, our ECU has only three outputs to the coil. There is a Black/Blue wire (Pin #2) and a Brown Wire (Pin #3). The third output, which is a Black/Red wire, seems to me to be a ground or a positive ground (it seems to also run to the injectors, the o2 sensors, etc.).

Has anyone solved this problem? Is there a way to go around this 2 wire setup? Am I even making any sense? Im at work right now, but when I get home I will post up some schematics and wire color diagrams of the ECU -> Coil connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks!
I generated this page in 0.010545015335083 seconds, executing 6 queries.