Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1527
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work" Previous topic | Next topic
mkerleyApr-22-04 07:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1530, "RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work"
In response to In response to 2

Well, technically, no two cylinders on are the exhaust stroke at the same time.
Our firing order is 1-3-4-2

So (talking to myself) when for example:
1 - combusting
3 - compressing
4 - intake
2 - exhaust

*I think that's right*

For each crank revolution each cylinder goes through 2 of the processes above. (ie. piston 1 will go through combustion and exhaust in one crank revolution in the above example). So in each crank revolution, every cylinder has 1 spark.

I dont' know the answers to your camshaft sensor questions, but I would think it would be very difficult to separate out the spark signals. I'm interested in what you find here though b/c I may follow this path as well.

Originally posted by neovb
Actually I think that might help. So basically the ECU fires the spark plug even when two of the cylinders are on the exhaust stroke. The ECU has to fire "each" spark plug at least once per every revolution... so then, that means that for every full revolution there are actually 8 sparks being created. The ECU still has to send out 4 pulses, so then it must send 2 pulses per wire per revolution of the motor. Right? If thats the case, then I have to figure out a way to make the e-manage see each pulse out of the wire as a separate pulse.... I guess it would also be possible to somehow use the camshaft angle sensor input into the ECU to determine which which exact plug needs to be fired and somehow split the ignition output wire to the proper channel on the e-manage. Combining them after the e-manage shouldnt be a problem using the right arrangement of diodes and whatnot.... So... how does the camshaft angle sensor function, voltage wise? How does it tell the ECU where the camshaft is at? Does any of that make sense?

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work [View all] , neovb, Apr-21-04 08:35 AM
  RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, mkerley, Apr-21-04 10:15 AM, #1
RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, Apr-21-04 01:07 PM, #2
      RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, mkerley, Apr-22-04 07:40 AM #3
           RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, jamesman, Apr-22-04 08:03 AM, #4
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, Apr-22-04 02:41 PM, #5
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, May-16-04 11:27 AM, #6
                RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, TeamMichael_97RS, May-18-04 08:38 AM, #7
                     RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, neovb, May-22-04 10:18 AM, #8
                          RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-18-04 07:25 AM, #9
                               RE: Making the E-Manage Ignition Harness Work, Teametx, Jul-02-04 04:41 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1527 Previous topic | Next topic