Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12931
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinDec-08-07 09:31 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#12931, "Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..."

This is also in the Electronics forum, figured I may get a better response here

Ok, so I went to the stereo shop (where I have a hookup) and for the price of a pioneer system I came home with these:

Image Dynamics CTX65 (four total)
Image Dynamics ID 12" Subwoofer (not installed yet)

I put the speakers in after making some brackets, they are not amped yet, will be in a week or two when my laptop rebate comes back (Phoenix Gold Octane-R, one 4ch, and one mono...), but they sound good off the Alpine HU.

So I put the back together, it all fit, then went to put the door panels on... Ended up drilling a 2.5 inch in the door panel speaker grill because I was pressed for time (panels should be replaces anyway, they wont come clean...). I could not set the speakers back anyway, window would not close.

So, what to do about the speaker? I just want it to look good, and I cant throw on the ID grills because the door curves at the top. The tweeter is flush with the door panel, so it does not need to be ridiculously huge. For now it looks OK* but I dont like it, it bugs me.

BTW: Have you ever held one of these speakers? The magnets are HUGE!

Thanks in advance

So anyone have some ideas?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Need Some Ideas For Door Panel... [View all] , Moderatorteklein, Dec-08-07 09:31 AM
  RE: Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..., SPL_Eclipse, Dec-08-07 03:05 PM, #1
RE: Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..., Moderatorteklein, Dec-08-07 04:21 PM, #2
      RE: Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..., SPL_Eclipse, Dec-09-07 01:56 AM, #3
           RE: Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..., Moderatorteklein, Dec-09-07 05:27 AM, #4
                RE: Need Some Ideas For Door Panel..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-11-07 07:49 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #12931 Previous topic | Next topic