Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectNeed Some Ideas For Door Panel...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=12931&mesg_id=12931
12931, Need Some Ideas For Door Panel...
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is also in the Electronics forum, figured I may get a better response here :)

Ok, so I went to the stereo shop (where I have a hookup) and for the price of a pioneer system I came home with these:

Image Dynamics CTX65 (four total)
Image Dynamics ID 12" Subwoofer (not installed yet)

I put the speakers in after making some brackets, they are not amped yet, will be in a week or two when my laptop rebate comes back (Phoenix Gold Octane-R, one 4ch, and one mono...), but they sound good off the Alpine HU.

So I put the back together, it all fit, then went to put the door panels on... Ended up drilling a 2.5 inch in the door panel speaker grill because I was pressed for time (panels should be replaces anyway, they wont come clean...). I could not set the speakers back anyway, window would not close.

So, what to do about the speaker? I just want it to look good, and I cant throw on the ID grills because the door curves at the top. The tweeter is flush with the door panel, so it does not need to be ridiculously huge. For now it looks OK* but I dont like it, it bugs me.

BTW: Have you ever held one of these speakers? The magnets are HUGE!

Thanks in advance

So anyone have some ideas?
I generated this page in 0.0078349113464355 seconds, executing 6 queries.