Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #440
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: running rich" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TDec-28-00 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#453, "RE: running rich"
In response to In response to 12

>Where is the best place to
>locate the FMU ?

Somewhere after the stock FPR anf before the fuel tank. I know you have a 95', right? You're going to need to ask someone with a 95 as well. Maybe even Corbin or Stan could help ya with this one. I'm having a tough time thinking through that fuel system, but it sounds like your having a tough time integrating the stock FPR and the new FMU with your 95 setup. Corbin has odne this already with his. Maybe give him an email and ask him precisely where in terms of the which fuel line he added his FPR.(He also has his physically on the firewall)

Could
>it be possible that someone
>installed bigger injectors before i
>bought my car, since it
>is used?

No, this doesn't seem possible without some sort of fuel computer help. I htink it's fairly reasonable to guess that you still have your stock injectors in.

Also, the if the FMU is not adjustable, you can't adjust it.

Figure out how you wrongly installed your FMU. I'm very inclined to think the problem exists there.

>
>Also, what kind of plugs should
>i get ? This one. You answered your own question.

NGK BKR7E-11 gapped at .035"

> I'm currently runing
>BKR5E's, which i think are
>one range hotter than stock,
>and two ranges hotter than
>where i should be.

This is bad. Get em out right away. (Remember, Wyatt theoried that he may have blew out his engine before b/c of hotter running spark plugs before. At least get some NGK Bkr6e-11's until you can find the 7's.) -go the the vendors' mods page for a place that sells the 7's. (linked from the main 2gnt page)

>One more: The vacuum
>line that runs from the
>compressor housing to the wastegate..
> would it be better
>to tee the fmu into
>that line since it gets
>it's vacuum/boost straight from the
>turbo, or keep it running
>from the intake plenum ?

Kepp it at the intake plenum. That's where i COUNTS b/c that's what air your engine is getting. The air in your engine is the MOST IMPORTANT THING b/c it needs adequate amounts of fuel to stave off detonation.

> Should i worry about
>hose clamping both ends of
>that line, as well ?

Mine isn't clamped there. I don't know if I 'd want to do that so as to not cause an accidental abrasion/vacuum leak or a pinching that may distort your vacuum/boost readings.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Finished turbo install... [View all] , Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-26-00 07:43 PM
  RE: Finished turbo install..., dsm1, Dec-27-00 02:49 AM, #1
RE: Finished turbo install..., SaberKhan, Dec-27-00 04:39 AM, #2
Driving results..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-27-00 05:25 AM, #3
Also.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-27-00 07:11 AM, #4
      RE: Also.., SaberKhan, Dec-27-00 09:51 AM, #5
      advice, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-27-00 10:37 AM, #6
           RE: advice, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-27-00 02:05 PM, #7
                RE: advice, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-27-00 03:07 PM, #8
                     some other things to look at, TeamWyatt, Dec-27-00 03:54 PM, #9
                          EGT temp reading.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-00 05:03 AM, #10
                               running rich, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-28-00 07:15 AM, #11
                                    RE: running rich, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-00 07:45 AM, #12
                                         RE: running rich, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-28-00 08:06 AM #13
                                              here's my fuel setup..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-00 09:10 AM, #14
                                                   =-), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-28-00 09:44 AM, #15
                                                        And i spent soooo long making that!! =-(, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-28-00 11:32 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #440 Previous topic | Next topic