Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9361
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).." Previous topic | Next topic
HybriDSMNov-23-04 08:45 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2002
2407 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9362, "RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).."
In response to In response to 0
Nov-23-04 08:54 AM by HybriDSM

Originally posted by optimuspeterson
So i'm sure i'll miss something here but over christmas break from school i want to do some major stuff to the car. I am going to tell you either what i have or am going to have and I need to know what i'm missing/don't need, etc. I already have a hard uic pipe, and a 1g bov, and K&N open element. After this I don't plan on upgrading much more except for injectors and SAFC to manage it. So here is what i have or am going to get. 14b FMIC 2 1/2" exhaust (don't think i will ever push the limits of it so 3" unnecassary?) 2 1/2" DP 2 1/4" IC piping (all of the piping and exhaust will be custom) walabro 255 MBC hard intake pipe (do i need this, will it make a difference?) So with this i would hope to be low 14's to 13's but not too sure. I'm sure i forgot something i've previously thought of. But is there anything i'm forgetting or should get? With this setup on stock injectors and no fuel management what psi should i run? Also with just that stuff how much psi can i push out of the 14b when i upgrade injectors? And what size injectors should i get when i do purchase them? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

You can run low 13's/high 12's with MBC, Exhaust, Filter, Clutch/PP, SAFC and FP. You'll not want to exceed 14-15 psi without being able to manage fuel though.

The FMIC is a bit of a premature thought at this point. If you aren't getting a 3" exhaust, I'd stay with a SMIC (upgraded Supra SMIC eventually) since you'll likely not desire enough power to need 3" or FMIC. At this point, you are kind of jumping around the sequence with what you mentioned, so I would spend a little more time reading up before buying anything.

Have you looked through the DSMTuners and MachV upgrade paths yet?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/tuning-guide/
http://www.buschurracing.com/upgrade.html
http://www.machv.com/ecperguid.html

My recommendations for your first purchases:
Hallman MBC ($60 at www.boostcontroller.com)
Autometer -30-30 Mechanical Boost Gauge ($50 at www.summitracing.com)
Walbro 190 lph FP (~$80 at www.autoperformanceengineering.com)
SAFC (~$300 at www.roadraceengineering.com)

The 190 lph FP is contingent on your genuinely not wanting to exceed certain power levels. If you think you may one day want a big HP machine, get a 255 lph, FMIC and 3" exhaust. You don't want to have to rebuy things later, so making that decision now could be important.

It's running again shitheads.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=791

HybriDSM@gmail.com ; HybriDSM@hotmail.com

Think for yourself. Question authority does not always mean disagree with authority.

If life were perfect, I'd be Calvin and you'd be Hobbes.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).. [View all] , optimuspeterson, Apr-21-09 09:14 AM
  RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., HybriDSM, Nov-23-04 08:45 AM #1
RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 09:01 AM, #2
      RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., HybriDSM, Nov-23-04 11:26 AM, #3
           RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-23-04 12:57 PM, #4
                RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-23-04 01:44 PM, #5
                     RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 02:33 PM, #6
                     RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-23-04 02:41 PM, #7
                          RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 02:50 PM, #8
                               RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-23-04 03:20 PM, #9
                                    RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 03:37 PM, #10
                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-23-04 04:02 PM, #11
                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 04:18 PM, #13
                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., HybriDSM, Nov-23-04 04:13 PM, #12
                                              RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 04:24 PM, #14
                                                   RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., HybriDSM, Nov-23-04 04:32 PM, #15
                                                        RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., optimuspeterson, Nov-23-04 04:35 PM, #16
                                                             RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-23-04 06:18 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-23-04 06:57 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., BMPDirk, Nov-24-04 04:08 AM, #19
                                                                            RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-24-04 04:14 AM, #20
                                                                                 RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-24-04 05:02 AM, #21
                                                                                      RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-24-04 06:08 AM, #22
                                                                                           RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., FlyinEsi, Nov-24-04 06:12 AM, #23
                                                                                                RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-24-04 07:09 AM, #24
                                                                                                RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-24-04 08:35 AM, #25
                                                                                                     RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., PowerEclipses, Nov-25-04 08:22 PM, #26
                                                                                                          RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., chrysler kid, Nov-25-04 09:49 PM, #27
                                                                                                               RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., SilverBullet20g, Nov-26-04 04:11 AM, #28
                                                                                                                    RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., chrysler kid, Nov-26-04 06:25 AM, #29
                                                                                                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-26-04 07:52 AM, #30
                                                                                                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-26-04 08:30 AM, #31
                                                                                                                         RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., SilverBullet20g, Nov-26-04 12:57 PM, #32
                                                                                                                              RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., HybriDSM, Nov-26-04 01:31 PM, #33
                                                                                                                                   RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-26-04 07:00 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                        RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Nov-26-04 08:21 PM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., BigBald, Nov-27-04 02:45 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., TeamJeff_99gs, Nov-27-04 07:00 PM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: So here is what i'd like to do with the my new GSX (need advice).., Vandy420a, Nov-27-04 09:07 PM, #38

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9361 Previous topic | Next topic