Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #452
View in linear mode

Subject: "Concept Illusions" Previous topic | Next topic
blakeMay-19-06 06:08 AM
Member since Feb 13th 2006
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#452, "Concept Illusions"

I ordered a top end gasket set and ARP headstuds from them on the 14th of april and they took the money out of my account on the 19th of april and now it is May 19th and havent recieve shit. i try calling and the motherfuckin phone keeps ringin and the one time i got someone on the phone he told me i would get a better response via email so emailed them right away...that was two weeks ago....this is absolutely horrible service...i emailed them yesterday and still havent heard back....now for a shop to not be payin attention to its customer i hope the like the BBB becasue i am filing a complaint today...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Concept Illusions, SPC Airborne, Jun-04-06 07:31 PM, #1
RE: Concept Illusions, WickedESi, Jul-11-06 02:56 PM, #2
RE: Concept Illusions, Moderatorcs82685, Jul-25-06 10:12 AM, #3
RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Jul-26-06 09:44 AM, #4
      RE: Concept Illusions, Blakkjak, Sep-01-06 02:35 PM, #5
      RE: Concept Illusions, dsmtuner1, Sep-22-06 05:34 AM, #6
           RE: Concept Illusions, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-27-06 12:42 PM, #9
      RE: Concept Illusions, Petri, Sep-23-06 09:50 AM, #7
           RE: Concept Illusions, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-27-06 12:38 PM, #8
           RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Sep-27-06 03:58 PM, #10
                RE: Concept Illusions, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Oct-11-06 08:32 AM, #11
                RE: Concept Illusions, xavier3jr, Oct-13-06 03:53 PM, #12
                RE: Concept Illusions, peter2.slow, Dec-04-06 04:11 AM, #13
                RE: Concept Illusions, saikou, Dec-24-06 03:48 PM, #14
                     RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Jan-18-07 02:43 PM, #15
                          RE: Concept Illusions, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jan-22-07 02:34 PM, #16
                               RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Jan-24-07 07:39 PM, #17
                                    RE: Concept Illusions, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jan-26-07 01:48 AM, #18
                                         RE: Concept Illusions, bobbylazlow, Jan-27-07 10:41 AM, #19
                                              RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Jan-30-07 04:23 PM, #20
                                                   RE: Concept Illusions, xavier3jr, Feb-02-07 09:01 AM, #21
                                                        RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Feb-12-07 02:27 PM, #22
                                                             RE: Concept Illusions, xavier3jr, Feb-13-07 10:23 AM, #23
                RE: Concept Illusions, dalesmitsu, May-17-07 04:00 AM, #24
                     RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Jun-19-07 03:20 PM, #25
                     RE: Concept Illusions, powellds, Jul-17-07 02:31 PM, #26
                          RE: Concept Illusions, daes_venge, Aug-22-07 07:47 PM, #27
                               RE: Concept Illusions, powellds, Nov-24-07 11:30 AM, #28
                                    RE: Concept Illusions, Moderatorteklein, Dec-13-07 03:00 PM, #29
                                    RE: Concept Illusions, ConceptIllusions, Dec-13-07 08:49 PM, #30
                                         RE: Concept Illusions, msl-man, May-14-08 10:25 AM, #31
                                              RE: Concept Illusions, Warmage12, May-31-09 07:29 PM, #32

SPC AirborneJun-04-06 07:31 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2005
66 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#453, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 0

Apparently it's not wise to order the ARP Head Studs from them either. I recently sold my set to XMasta19 and he tried to installed them and they weren't right(threads are different). This is the 141-4202 set for the Dodge Neon 420a. Now I have to call ARP and see if they'll swap the set out with XMasta19 or I'm gonna end up having to refund him his money. My advice to everyone else is to buy the ARP studs from ARP.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJul-11-06 02:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#456, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 0

I ordered a 160* thermostat from them and the one I got was a thermostat for a BIG ASS TRUCK or something, it was like 4 inches long and shit. I took a picture of it next to my stock one, and they said they've sold many of them, it is correct. RETARDS.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Moderatorcs82685Jul-25-06 10:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#459, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 2

I ordered a test pipe and it took over 2 weeks for it to get from their shop in PA to my house in NJ. It fit fine, but they definetly need to learn to move their asses b/c their gonna lose a lot of customers that way, I won't buy from them again.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ConceptIllusionsJul-26-06 09:44 AM
Member since Sep 05th 2003
188 posts,
#460, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 2

hmm thats funny because we dont even sell a 160 degree thermostat..

www.cimotorsports.net

BlakkjakSep-01-06 02:35 PM
Member since May 05th 2005
62 posts,
#470, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 4

So what do you have to say about the other responses?

97 Eclipse RS --Bought 4-15-05--

dsmtuner1Sep-22-06 05:34 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#473, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 5

i have tried to order stuff from them off ebay then pay wait a month and they wont even reply to even an email so i filed a claim and got my money back.

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-27-06 12:42 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#477, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dsmtuner1
i have tried to order stuff from them off ebay then pay wait a month and they wont even reply to even an email so i filed a claim and got my money back.

I can also comment on their slow shipping and poor customer service on EBAY. I DID receive my EGR Blockoff, it was in the shape/condition I expected, so the issue was finally resolved. My issue was a very slow turn around and no responses to the 3 emails I sent. Evidentally they offer products found nowhere else on the internets and can afford poor customer service, hmmm??

400whp or bust.

PetriSep-23-06 09:50 AM
Member since May 25th 2006
25 posts,
#474, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 4

I orderd the 55mm throttle body service from them on ebay and it took 5 calls from me a 5 weeks to get it back I still had to polish the inside. I made a nother mistake and orderd from them on Aug. 2 2006 the Eng. gasket set, ARP exhaust studs, and there EGR block off kit, at $265.00 I thougt they cleaned up they were sure nice on the phone but once they get your money they block you like they have caller ID and they won't take your call. I too filed a report with the BBB on SEPT. 16 2006 they have another week to respond so I'll let you know what happens.

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-27-06 12:38 PM
793 posts,
#476, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 7

I can also comment on their slow shipping and poor customer service. I DID receive my EGR Blockoff, it was in the shape/condition I expected, so the issue was finally resolved. My issue was a very slow turn around and no responses to the 3 emails I sent. Evidentally they offer products found nowhere else on the internets and can afford poor customer service, hmmm??

400whp or bust.

ConceptIllusionsSep-27-06 03:58 PM
188 posts,
#479, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 7

There is a thing called backorder, we do see alot of that happening with some of the 420a products we carry, we try and stock them but we run out fast and the companies cant seem to keep up with the demand. We do not use caller id, we have an automated call system, you can always reach someone at the shop ,we are here 12-8 M-F and someone will always answer your call during those hours. Emails are always sent to everyone when there is a backorder, if you guys arent getting the emails maybe it is because we use a signature on them and your spam blocker is deleting them, make sure to add us as a contact. For those of you who have ordered and did not have a smooth transaction with our company give shawn a call and hell be sure to get you a discount on your next order, with that said enough with the bashing already. its getting old

www.cimotorsports.net

MR BLUNT 2gntOct-11-06 08:32 AM
793 posts,
#483, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by ConceptIllusions
There is a thing called backorder, we do see alot of that happening with some of the 420a products we carry, we try and stock them but we run out fast and the companies cant seem to keep up with the demand. We do not use caller id, we have an automated call system, you can always reach someone at the shop ,we are here 12-8 M-F and someone will always answer your call during those hours. Emails are always sent to everyone when there is a backorder, if you guys arent getting the emails maybe it is because we use a signature on them and your spam blocker is deleting them, make sure to add us as a contact. For those of you who have ordered and did not have a smooth transaction with our company give shawn a call and hell be sure to get you a discount on your next order, with that said enough with the bashing already. its getting old

The purpose of this is to educate the members of this national forum about potential issues with people/companies they may be doing business with on here. Your probably not going to make everyone happy as some people are just impossible to please. I dont see my post as a bash, you did hold up on your end of the transaction and I was happy with the product. You however need to address some issues with customer service. Dont take it personal, we didnt call YOU fat, we mentioned transactions where your companies service wasn't up to par. Tell us your looking into the issue and move on. I'd be happy w/ that over a list of excuses.

400whp or bust.

xavier3jrOct-13-06 03:53 PM
Member since Feb 18th 2006
137 posts,
#484, "RE: Concept Illusions"

Really....a 5 month back order....WOW you have had mine for 5 months. i filed a claim threw paypal and you used the tracking number for my EGR block off!!!! yall are about half retarted. i've sent you countless e-mails and messages on aim and serveral calls. no reply not once. but i messaged paypal about it, you'll be hearing more from me untill i see my TB and my money back.

96 GS - 5 Speed
E-bay Cool Air Intake(Short Ram-Add'd K&N Filter)
High Flow Cat
MSD Coil & Wires - NGK Plugs
E-bay Header and Down Pipe
Metal Shifter Barrings-Energy Shifter bushings
Custom 2 1/2 Cat back
Stage 1 Clutch & Tranny
Front&Rear Sway Bars
S-Afc II
55MM TB
17" Alloy Wheels(Gun Metal)
Metalic grey paint-97-99 Conversion-Turbo spoiler
Custom Painted Interior
Rebuilding Engine as of 8-27-06

peter2.slowDec-04-06 04:11 AM
Member since May 24th 2005
108 posts,
#500, "RE: Concept Illusions"

I also had a bad experience with Concept Illusions.

I had a 2k order for my bottom/top end rebuild and my clutch. Supposidly they had everything in stock when I called. After waiting two weeks nothing shipped out. I called everyday for two weeks and kept promising me calls the next day and I got nothing.

It took over one month to get my order shipped. Once I got the tracking number it wasn't even valid for another week or so because there was a hold on the postage for not being paid for the weight of the box. All said and done I waited almost two months for things that I was told were in stock. I was charged immediately after placing the order for parts that took me 8 weeks to arrive and I had to pay a fee at the machine shop for my block sitting there waiting for my pistons/rods to be mounted.

Great prices they have but the service is horrible. I tried placing an order the other day I called a few days in a row and got a machine every time. I finally left a message with my number to call back still haven't heard anything.

saikouDec-24-06 03:48 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#503, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 13

I ordered their EGR block-off plate and MSD coil pack and received it in about 3 1/2 weeks. My goods were in good shape and I was very happy with them, however, their customer service and shipping speed is very poor. I left 5 e-mails for Shawn specifically as they stated when you call them. There were also plenty of times when they let the phones ring.

ConceptIllusionsJan-18-07 02:43 PM
188 posts,
#511, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 14

Sorry guys weve been growing faster then planned and when that happens things get backed up, people get out of control and everything just makes for a bad time all together. Not to mention some of the suppliers couldnt keep up with our demand of these parts, but i think we have alot of those problems worked out for 2007 so if there is anything you need just be sure to give us a call to check stock before you place an order, that way everyone is happy in the end
Thanks

www.cimotorsports.net

ModeratorxcasbonxJan-22-07 02:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#515, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 15

Sorry guys weve been growing faster then planned and when that happens things get backed up, people get out of control and everything just makes for a bad time all together. Not to mention some of the suppliers couldnt keep up with our demand of these parts, but i think we have alot of those problems worked out for 2007 so if there is anything you need just be sure to give us a call to check stock before you place an order, that way everyone is happy in the end Thanks

I hope things are getting better then because I'd like to see those hatch struts by the end of this week.

Thanks.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

ConceptIllusionsJan-24-07 07:39 PM
188 posts,
#516, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 16

Hatch Shocks were shipped via USPS tracking number 420465639102128882300804694960

www.cimotorsports.net

ModeratorxcasbonxJan-26-07 01:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#518, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 17

Hatch Shocks were shipped via USPS tracking number 420465639102128882300804694960

Got the email yesterday. Thanks. I hope these other guys are having their problems resolved as well.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

bobbylazlowJan-27-07 10:41 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2006
7 posts,
#519, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 18

I have the same problem. I place an order at the half of december and have not received it. Can someone help me.

ConceptIllusionsJan-30-07 04:23 PM
188 posts,
#520, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 19

Hey bobbylazlow whats your item #? I can check into that and let you know on here.. also have you tried using our track a shipment page on the website?? Let me know!

www.cimotorsports.net

xavier3jrFeb-02-07 09:01 AM
137 posts,
#524, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 20

finally got my TB in the mail today after 5 months of waiting. kinda porly bored not smooth at all and some of the lip is still there. but i give them props for actually geting it to me. not what i expected for $75 tho

96 GS - 5 Speed
High Flow Cat
Custom 2 1/2 Cat back
Stage 1 Clutch & Tranny
Front&Rear Sway Bars
S-Afc II
55MM TB
Custom Painted Interior

ConceptIllusionsFeb-12-07 02:27 PM
188 posts,
#529, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 21

Just to clarify that last post, we actually sent yours out and USPS lost it, but we ended up getting you another core out, our machine does leave a kinda rough finish due to the bit being used but the plate should seal pretty well in the bore, if thats not the case let me know and ill fix it for you

www.cimotorsports.net

xavier3jrFeb-13-07 10:23 AM
137 posts,
#530, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 22

yes hte plate seals perfect but whats up with the lip thats still there to front is low untill about 3-4 cm back there like a 2-3 mm hump still there

96 GS - 5 Speed
High Flow Cat
Custom 2 1/2 Cat back
Stage 1 Clutch & Tranny
Front&Rear Sway Bars
S-Afc II
55MM TB
Custom Painted Interior

dalesmitsuMay-17-07 04:00 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#543, "RE: Concept Illusions"

I have to totally agree with you guys at Concept Illusions. About backorders,from the companies. I bet, you guys started out as a small shop, and your whole business exploded into a big hot spot for import owners could have their car tuned etc. This happend to this little, shop momther recommended me to take my car to after my divorce. I'm very happy with these guys overall, sure labor is abit much, but when you want it right you gotta pay. Plus, the owner rebulit 1 Gen eclipse with his son from ground up, so he knows alot about these DSM's.

Oh, by thank you at Concept Illusions for adding me to your friends from Mypsace( check profile her, click on my username there's link to myspace) and I'll call you guys first, to make sure you the parts I need, in stock.

I bet, you guys are always busy at your shop, excellent job on the Red Eclipse, its very sweet. I've seen it in some magazines,and thats where I've heard of you shop too.

ConceptIllusionsJun-19-07 03:20 PM
188 posts,
#549, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 24

Thank YOU! Someone understands! Yes we started small and we blew up basically overnight ( no kidding ) We still remain a small team here and believe me when i say this , IT GETS BUSY. We want to stay a small team that way we can better take care of our customers. Hell i know alot of customers by name, what they drive, where they are from , etc and ill just talk to people about whats going on that day instead of trying to push parts down their throats like some other companies which im not going to mention.. We always say to give us a call whenever you need something, most of the time we have it , if not we'll give you a roundabout time on how long it will be to your door. We plan on improving your buying experience and have already launched our new website which will let us process orders much faster which means faster shipping. We have switched over from USPS ( which sucks donkey nuts) to a more reliable method which would happen to be FEDEX. With this new site anytime an order get placed the customer knows when it was charged, when it was shipped and it also has live online traking information and also sends that information automatically to your email. If there is anything you guys need feel free to give me a call at the shop. Im Shawn and ill take care of any problems you may have or have had in the past. If i have to give you my shirt so be it. We value the customer here and were not out to rob and cheat you guys. Just bear with us with the shipping times and i promise youll be a happy returning customer! Oh and btw you guys can take off 5% from our new site by using coupon code 2GNT . Thanks for the space!

www.cimotorsports.net

powelldsJul-17-07 02:31 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
#551, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 24

I just ordered a ton of stuff from Concept Illusions, they were more than helpful, called me right back, and price matched every single part that I had found cheaper on other websites. They even gave me free shipping. I should have all of my parts by next week. It has been a very good experience so far and wouldn't expect anything to go wrong. I know bad experiences happen sometimes that we can't control, but that's the nature of the performance auto parts industry. I think there are just too many people who want their parts and want them now and have no room for error when mistakes happen. Think about how many orders probably come through there. That being said, I will post next week when my parts arrive.

daes_vengeAug-22-07 07:47 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2006
252 posts,
#562, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by powellds
I just ordered a ton of stuff from Concept Illusions, they were more than helpful, called me right back, and price matched every single part that I had found cheaper on other websites. They even gave me free shipping. I should have all of my parts by next week. It has been a very good experience so far and wouldn't expect anything to go wrong. I know bad experiences happen sometimes that we can't control, but that's the nature of the performance auto parts industry. I think there are just too many people who want their parts and want them now and have no room for error when mistakes happen. Think about how many orders probably come through there. That being said, I will post next week when my parts arrive.

Did your parts arrive?

powelldsNov-24-07 11:30 AM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
#578, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 27

Well, I would recommend not using Concept Illusions if you don't want a headache. I got most of my parts in a really good matter of time, but my pistons and my motor mounts took for F***ING EVER! Only took about two months to get my motor mounts. I also called last Friday and needed some lifters 2 day'd to me becuase I absolutely had to get my car done this weekend and they said it would be no problem. So.... now it's over a week and those lifters I was supposed to have two days later and nowhere to be seen. I have called and left tons of messages with no response. I talked to someone 4 days ago and they said they would call me or email me a tracking number, but I never got anything at all. At this point I am really pissed off and will be doing elsehwere from now on.

ModeratortekleinDec-13-07 03:00 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#581, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 28

They were fine with me, I bought a 420A intake manifold off eBay, everything went smoothly.

EXCELLENT PRICE TOO!

ConceptIllusionsDec-13-07 08:49 PM
188 posts,
#582, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 28

Not sure why you couldnt get in touch with anyone at our shop?? Try using the LIVE HELP Feature on our website. its why we put it there. I wasnt aware of any issues with us getting the lifters to your doorsetp. And lets talk about pistons and motormounts. We are direct with wiseco, no middle man no bull. If you dont have your pistons within 4-5 days then guess what Wiseco is out of stock and they are being made. Same with prothane. I only hear of bad experiences with just this web board. Maybe some of you guys love to hate us, not sure. Point is we deliver and do not rip people off. Ive been seeing posts on some other companies on how they take months upon months to ship items but seems we get the blunt end of the stick. If its backordered we let you know, if theres going to be a delay we let you know. So please give me some insight as to why were so terrible afterall and i just dont want to hear about shipping times because thats just something some people just cant control. If we were selling you honda parts there would be no wait times as companies stock these parts to the sky...

www.cimotorsports.net

msl-manMay-14-08 10:25 AM
Member since Nov 29th 2003
111 posts,
#599, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 30

I ordered a simple radiator hose kit. Of course they billed me and I haven't seen them. I've filled out their little tracking request form, what a joke, and called and left a message. No call back. Just to illustrate - I ordered my radiator from maperformance a week after I ordered the hoses from CI, I just got the radiator today only 2 days after placing the order. Thats service! (take note) I can't even get a call back from CI on the hoses.

As a customer handing money over to a company I really shouldn't have to "understand" anything. No service, no more money. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

"And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Warmage12May-31-09 07:29 PM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
#625, "RE: Concept Illusions"
In response to Reply # 31

I ordered a set of megan springs on MAY 7, its MAY 31. I havn't heard a thing except the origional email about it being a FEW DAYS before they would ship out because they were coming from megan. No biggie on it bein a few days to wait, except the fact that i've sent 4 emails to each department about asking for an update and finaly about canceling the order. If i ever get ahold of someone I AM CANCELLING THE ORDER!

95 RS sold...

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #452 Previous topic | Next topic