Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #39309
View in linear mode

Subject: "1" longer crank pulley bolt" Previous topic | Next topic
ezMar-28-04 11:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39309, "1" longer crank pulley bolt"

you all know what this is for there aren't any local sources that I've found. if you guyz have an extra grade 10 bolt lying around or know of a source I can call to get it from, let me know . I'd like to have one always on hand. TIA!

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSMar-28-04 02:32 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39331, "RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt"
In response to Reply # 0

Find a GM full size pickup truck..take out one of the body mount bolts from under the car..ya know, the ones that step bars would mount on? Its the exact same size you need for the crank. Around an 1" longer...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CVedEclipseMar-28-04 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#39357, "RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt"
In response to Reply # 1

eric... talk to dan.. he searched all over so cal and found out most of the places to get high grade bolts

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

djtrickeeMar-28-04 07:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#39358, "RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by CVedEclipse
eric... talk to dan.. he searched all over so cal and found out most of the places to get high grade bolts

What size is it exactly? Can we order it from McMaster?

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

thedawgMar-29-04 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#39376, "RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-29-04 09:48 AM by thedawg

Yah its 14 x 1.5 I think?

I ended up buying a 4 foot hardened steel threaded rod, so I can make like... alot... of these suckers. They last about 5-10 pulls/reinstalls until they start wearing down. The frame bolts on GM trucks also match up, if you wanna junkyard surf for one.

PM me and I'll bring some for anyone interested to the BJF meet for free.

djtrickeeMar-29-04 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#39380, "RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by thedawg
Yah its 14 x 1.5 I think? I ended up buying a 4 foot hardened steel threaded rod, so I can make like... alot... of these suckers. They last about 5-10 pulls/reinstalls until they start wearing down. The frame bolts on GM trucks also match up, if you wanna junkyard surf for one. PM me and I'll bring some for anyone interested to the BJF meet for free.

any chance of getting one of those shipped? i would pay for shipping of course!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #39309 Previous topic | Next topic