Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subject1" longer crank pulley bolt
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=39309
39309, 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you all know what this is for ;) there aren't any local sources that I've found. if you guyz have an extra grade 10 bolt lying around or know of a source I can call to get it from, let me know . I'd like to have one always on hand. TIA!
39331, RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Find a GM full size pickup truck..take out one of the body mount bolts from under the car..ya know, the ones that step bars would mount on? Its the exact same size you need for the crank. Around an 1" longer...
39357, RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by CVedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
eric... talk to dan.. he searched all over so cal and found out most of the places to get high grade bolts
39358, RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CVedEclipse
eric... talk to dan.. he searched all over so cal and found out most of the places to get high grade bolts

What size is it exactly? Can we order it from McMaster?
39376, RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yah its 14 x 1.5 I think?

I ended up buying a 4 foot hardened steel threaded rod, so I can make like... alot... of these suckers. They last about 5-10 pulls/reinstalls until they start wearing down. The frame bolts on GM trucks also match up, if you wanna junkyard surf for one.

PM me and I'll bring some for anyone interested to the BJF meet for free.
39380, RE: 1" longer crank pulley bolt
Posted by djtrickee, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thedawg
Yah its 14 x 1.5 I think? I ended up buying a 4 foot hardened steel threaded rod, so I can make like... alot... of these suckers. They last about 5-10 pulls/reinstalls until they start wearing down. The frame bolts on GM trucks also match up, if you wanna junkyard surf for one. PM me and I'll bring some for anyone interested to the BJF meet for free.

any chance of getting one of those shipped? i would pay for shipping of course!
I generated this page in 0.0089249610900879 seconds, executing 7 queries.