Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #66511
View in linear mode

Subject: "Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
babybeclipseFeb-09-05 01:53 PM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66511, "Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"

I can't take it anymore...This is the second time my beater (94 caravan) had died on me within a week. Parents just paid $1,200.00 last week to have it fixed and now I have to pay Dodge $250.00 for a grand total of $1,450.00 ( we paid $1,500.00 for the car). I can't pay for the Eclipse payements and buy a new car together.

The car is a 96 Eclipse GS
-Je pistons/Eagle rods, Head ported/polished by Eddie Fierro,Clevet bearings,stock head bolts,MLS headgasket, stock valvetrain.
-Auto trans full rebuilt (minus HS torque converter and LSD)
-CF hood
-Z3 fenders
full gray interior

What do you guys think? I've never parted a car before and would prefer to sell the car whole but I need money BAD.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, scothern, Feb-09-05 03:17 PM, #1
RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, BlueMoonEclipse, Feb-09-05 04:05 PM, #2
RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-09-05 04:43 PM, #3
      RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-11-05 08:13 AM, #4
           RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-11-05 08:18 AM, #5
                RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-11-05 08:20 AM, #6
                     RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, TeamJeff_99gs, Feb-11-05 08:34 AM, #7
                          RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, HipHop615, Feb-11-05 03:34 PM, #8
RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, 96NTeclipse, Feb-12-05 05:21 AM, #9
RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, Malenko, Feb-12-05 10:57 AM, #10
      RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, jsupetran, Feb-12-05 11:01 AM, #11
      RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-12-05 02:11 PM, #12
           RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, Aggression, Feb-12-05 02:59 PM, #13
                RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, cyan, Feb-12-05 06:03 PM, #14
                     RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-12-05 06:47 PM, #15
                          RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-13-05 06:47 AM, #16
                               RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-13-05 05:06 PM, #17
                                    RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-13-05 05:19 PM, #18
                                         RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-13-05 05:25 PM, #19
                                              RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-13-05 05:30 PM, #20
                                                   RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-13-05 05:33 PM, #21
                                                        RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, LeJeune123, Feb-13-05 10:30 PM, #22
                                                             RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-14-05 03:43 AM, #23
                                                                  RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-14-05 04:24 AM, #24
                                                                       RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-14-05 04:39 AM, #25
                                                                            RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-14-05 04:44 AM, #26
                                                                                 RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-14-05 07:08 AM, #27
                                                                                      RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-14-05 05:11 PM, #28
                                                                                           RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-19-05 07:24 PM, #29
                                                                                                RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, HipHop615, Feb-19-05 08:40 PM, #30
                                                                                                     RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-19-05 08:54 PM, #31
                                                                                                          RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, EclipsedChef, Feb-20-05 02:33 AM, #32
                                                                                                               RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, bninja3, Feb-20-05 07:18 AM, #33
                                                                                                                    RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS, babybeclipse, Feb-20-05 10:08 AM, #34

scothernFeb-09-05 03:17 PM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66521, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, if you decide to part it, I might be interested in the front seats, and the power door parts. mainly the window regulators, harness and motors, and the parts for the power locks. For that matter maybe the cruise too. Good luck though and I hope it all works out in the end.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

BlueMoonEclipseFeb-09-05 04:05 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66528, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 1

What you got for the head?? i would buy if you got a turbo port if you part it out

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

babybeclipseFeb-09-05 04:43 PM
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66533, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by scothern
Well, if you decide to part it, I might be interested in the front seats, and the power door parts. mainly the window regulators, harness and motors, and the parts for the power locks. For that matter maybe the cruise too. Good luck though and I hope it all works out in the end.

I'd love to sell you all those parts but I have manual windows/locks and don't have cruise

motor might already be sold

babybeclipseFeb-11-05 08:13 AM
3083 posts,
#66691, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 3

no one is interested in anything else?

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-11-05 08:18 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#66693, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 4

Bad time of year. I want the rims but not worth swapping rubber and all the crap associated with it.

Terry

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-11-05 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#66694, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 5

Hard to judge interestest on stuff you don't know the price of.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamJeff_99gsFeb-11-05 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#66696, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 6

You might want to look into getting a more relible beater. i.e. not an 11 year old dodge minivan.

HipHop615Feb-11-05 03:34 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#66726, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Hard to judge interestest on stuff you don't know the price of.

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

PARTING OUT 97-99 Eclipse RS

GROUP BUY OEM CF Hoods

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=49&topic_id=3652&mode=full

96NTeclipseFeb-12-05 05:21 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
214 posts,
#66763, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-12-05 05:22 AM by 96NTeclipse

I still need a set of rear brake calipers. what's your price?

EDIT: No brackets or hoses, just the calipers.

MalenkoFeb-12-05 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#66788, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 9

how much for the whole car?

built block, but no boost?

jsupetranFeb-12-05 11:01 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#66789, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 10

Are you auto? I'll buy the gauge glass for the stock instrument panel, and the gauge cluster overlays.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

babybeclipseFeb-12-05 02:11 PM
3083 posts,
#66799, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-12-05 02:13 PM by babybeclipse

Originally posted by Malenko
how much for the whole car? built block, but no boost?

$3,500.00 for everything. You name it it's yours. The seats/tv/cf hood EVERYTHING. I think I'll sell the 5-speed with LSD seperate.

AggressionFeb-12-05 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#66803, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 12
Feb-12-05 02:59 PM by Aggression

is the BE sold? What compression are the pistons?

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

cyanFeb-12-05 06:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#66824, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 13

im interested in alot of the stuff, including the CF hood if you can take good quality, current pics of it and make a very honest description about the condition of the resin. also, see my WTB posts in here and see if you have anything in there i need, spped sensor, door lock actuator, etc) and send me a PM and/or email if you part it out

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

babybeclipseFeb-12-05 06:47 PM
3083 posts,
#66827, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 14

Well, someone in this thread is interested in the car whole. I'd prefer to sell her whole than deal with parting it out. If the car doesn't sell whole I'll let you guys know.

Anyone else interested in the whole car?

babybeclipseFeb-13-05 06:47 AM
3083 posts,
#66847, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 15
Feb-13-05 07:00 AM by babybeclipse

I forgot to mention I have a set of HID 97-99 headlights. The ballest on one of them needs to be replaced. The HID's in the lights are out of a mercedes benz so they won't be cheap. I'll let you guys know when I fix them and put them up for sale too.

Come to think of it. I could probably let her (the whole car) go for $3k with-out the CF hood and the manual trans.

babybeclipseFeb-13-05 05:06 PM
3083 posts,
#66908, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 16

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-13-05 05:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#66911, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by babybeclipse

Is the car running?

It will be a 96 gs.. it's painted right? body parts are there? how many miles? what is wrong with the car right now? I'd be interested in the whole car.

98 ESi
95 GS

babybeclipseFeb-13-05 05:25 PM
3083 posts,
#66912, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 18
Feb-13-05 05:25 PM by babybeclipse

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by babybeclipse Anyone else interested in the whole car?
Is the car running? It will be a 96 gs.. it's painted right? body parts are there? how many miles? what is wrong with the car right now? I'd be interested in the whole car.

car has 112,000mi (motor has a year of driving since rebuild 12k miles maybe) She runs fine (really loud because of 3in exhaust -no kitty cat- ) Only thing wrong with it is she could use some paint, a new strut on passenger front, some tires and I'll fix the valve cover oil leak (small). I'd keep it but I need to buy something newer and more reliable.

I'm tired of the "scene" and want something quiter and more comfortable. I have ALLOT of stock and aftermarket parts...I'd take forever to type them all

For pix go to www.cardomain.com/id/babybeclipse

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-13-05 05:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#66915, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 19

How bad is "some paint"?

What is all painted red?

98 ESi
95 GS

babybeclipseFeb-13-05 05:33 PM
3083 posts,
#66917, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 20

just the interior is red. The rest of the car is baby blue (chix love that shit).

As for the paint. It could use a bit of buffing. With the stock hood on the car you can tell the paint is sligtly off between body panels. With the CF hood on the car it's harder to tell. I'm picky and wanted to repaint the whole car metalic baby blue (but that's just me)

LeJeune123Feb-13-05 10:30 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
202 posts,
#66940, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 21

If no one buys it whole I could use a lot of stuff.

I am parting out my 95 RS!!!

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=49&topic_id=3652&mode=full

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-14-05 03:43 AM
8331 posts,
#66957, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 22

Brian are you selling the car with motor for 3k? if so we'll talk this weekend when you come down to the house.

Terry

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-14-05 04:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#66960, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 23

AFAIK I'll be picking it up this weekend.

98 ESi
95 GS

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-14-05 04:39 AM
8331 posts,
#66961, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 24

well then stop by and bring a couple shifts with you....Or you'll be buying it from me..lol

Terry

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-14-05 04:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#66964, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
well then stop by and bring a couple shifts with you....Or you'll be buying it from me..lol Terry

Haha, if you're on the way I could do that!

98 ESi
95 GS

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-14-05 07:08 AM
8331 posts,
#66992, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 26

Plainfield IL which way you commin in? and what day?

babybeclipseFeb-14-05 05:11 PM
3083 posts,
#67042, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 27

He backed out...

babybeclipseFeb-19-05 07:24 PM
3083 posts,
#67430, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 28

Looks like the Eclipse is betting parted...but then again...I'm pretty drunk right now....lol

watching Harry and Cumar lol

ya ya lol

HipHop615Feb-19-05 08:40 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#67436, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 29

Only if you were local...

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

PARTING OUT 97-99 Eclipse RS

GROUP BUY OEM CF Hoods

babybeclipseFeb-19-05 08:54 PM
3083 posts,
#67437, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 30

wow, I'm suprised I can log in ok lol

what was this thread about? lol

EclipsedChefFeb-20-05 02:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#67442, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 31

im interested in the cf hood, what brand and how much are you looking to get for it, and will you ship?

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
Fidanza Cam Gears NGK Wires
AFX UDP Greddy Header
Gutted Cat Greddy Evo Catback
Energy Suspension MMI Eibach Sportlines
Tokico Blues...always more to come

bninja3Feb-20-05 07:18 AM
Member since Jun 12th 2003
43 posts,
#67451, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 32

i'm interested in the car as a whole...let me know...

97' Eclipse GS
Turbo kit is here....just waitin to install!!
drive it like ya stole it!!!

babybeclipseFeb-20-05 10:08 AM
3083 posts,
#67462, "RE: Judging interest in parting/selling 96 GS"
In response to Reply # 33

Looks like I might part it out after all

I'll start selling parts as they come off the car. I'll let everyone know...

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #66511 Previous topic | Next topic