Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68944
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan_HesMar-17-04 04:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68968, "RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions"
In response to In response to 2

I think that motor you are referring to is a tad farther forward....behind the headliner. The headliner is easy to remove in my opinion.

1) Remove driver and passenger A and B pillars. See the corners of the headliner...yea it's just tabbed down with little plastic things.

2) Remove the 'oh shit' handle. The plastic pieces at the end slide out of place and reveal the 10mm bolts you need to remove. (Careful...these bolts can snap if not removed slowly or straight on)

3) Peel away the plastic trim that wraps around the headliner where it meets the sunroof...it just pulls off easily.

4) Remove the rear plastic trim piece that runs across the back of the headliner and connect to the roof. I just slide it towards the back of the car and wiggled it...then kinda bend it to pull the ends from behind the rear trim pieces.

5) The headliners bends easily and will retain its shape...dont worry about bending it...even extremely...it will go right back to how it was before you bent it. So....you can bend it if it helps to remove it.

6) Remove Sunvisors and plastic sun visor 'clips' with a phillips head screwdriver. Then remove the center trim that goes around the sunroof button. (Pop off the flat panel with a flat head and then remove the two phillips head screws)

There may be some other misc. trim...but thats about it. After this you can easily see all kinds of shit. I was long winded here...but it's easier than it seems.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Headliner / Sunroof Questions [View all] , .bs0d, Mar-17-04 09:41 AM
  RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, OZ_GS, Mar-17-04 10:56 AM, #1
RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, .bs0d, Mar-17-04 03:22 PM, #2
      RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, Ryan_Hes, Mar-17-04 04:32 PM #3
           RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, .bs0d, Mar-19-04 07:07 AM, #4
                RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, .bs0d, Mar-19-04 09:58 AM, #5
                     RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, CY1, Mar-20-04 02:04 AM, #6
                          RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, .bs0d, Mar-20-04 05:05 AM, #7
                               RE: Headliner / Sunroof Questions, CY1, Mar-20-04 12:18 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68944 Previous topic | Next topic