Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9853
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: added noise and shakier ride after brake work" Previous topic | Next topic
ezJun-04-02 07:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9855, "RE: added noise and shakier ride after brake work"
In response to In response to 1

It sounds like there is something wrong with the wheels/tires. Did they do a dynamic balance or a static balance - you may have to get them balanced again, because this happened to me once. When I got new rims/tires the ride was very shaky at 65+mph and this was after they were balanced, so they did a different kind of balance and then everything was fine.

New brakes shouldn't add to road noise. I have cross drilled slotted and there is no new noise from them. In fact it sounds quieter when I actually brake (must be because the old stockers were warped and shook everything) The noise and shaking of your car over 70+ points to wheels or tires. It would only be brakes if you saw these things under braking.

Oh, I have a question for you jza, in case you didn't see it in the audio section. I looked for closed cell foam on mcmaster.com and can't find it. Do you have the product #?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

added noise and shakier ride after brake work [View all] , jZa, Jun-03-02 02:27 PM
  RE: added noise and shakier ride after brake work, SEA97GS, Jun-04-02 02:25 AM, #1
RE: added noise and shakier ride after brake work, ez, Jun-04-02 07:45 AM #2
      RE: added noise and shakier ride after brake work, jZa, Jun-04-02 10:57 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9853 Previous topic | Next topic