Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMay-13-04 07:22 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2767, "RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated"
In response to In response to 10

Well here is what I found out today, talking with the clutch builder I am working with. I'll try and explain this best I can..There are 2 different pressure plates in use for our transmissions, the Luk, and the Sachs, which are different plates, not just the brand name. The Luk plate is narrower than the sachs, AND there is a difference between flywheels, amoung Luk and Sachs. From what I was told, You HAVE to use a Luk plate, with a Luk flywheel, and vise versa, or it wont work right, as you have found out. There is a big stepping difference between the flywheels(how thick it is and where the contact surface sits for the friction surface). One is thinner than the other, just like the pressure plates. So if you try to bolt a Luk plate to a Sachs flywheel, you will prob end up with the problem you have now. From what I know, the PP you have from CM is a Luk, correct? It *should* be stamped on the front of the PP, its fairly small though..From what I can tell, most 2gnt's use a modular Sachs clutch, and its much, much more common in use, than the Luk modular setups. So when you talked to CM, they didn't really lie to you, or give you incorrect info, but they left out one important part..You CAN use the pressure plate you have now, BUT you have to use it with a LUK modular flywheel..They are harder to come by also..I was told by my clutch guy, that there are the exact same stepping between the modular LUK flywheel, and the NON modular 94/95 neon flywheel, so it should work, utilizing a LUK modular flywheel..Only thing is, you will have to source a complete LUK mod clutch setup, just to get the flywheel, as you can't find/buy them separately. So basically, to sum it up, you are trying to bolt a "thin" pressure plate to a "thin" flywheel..where as you need to be using a "thicker" flywheel(the LUK).

If you can, can you take any up close pics of both the Pressure plate front/rear, and the flywheel you were trying to use, front/rear? Can you find any brand markings on either the PP, or the flywheel? That would help a ton, and pretty much solidify all of this info here..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated [View all] , techboy, May-09-04 11:53 AM
  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 03:43 AM, #1
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamMichael_97RS, May-10-04 10:57 AM, #2
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-10-04 03:10 PM, #3
      RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 05:42 PM, #4
           RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-11-04 06:35 AM, #5
                RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-11-04 07:24 AM, #6
                     RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-11-04 06:53 PM, #7
                          RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-12-04 07:45 AM, #8
                               RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-04 03:36 PM, #9
                                    RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 02:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 07:22 AM #11
                                              RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 07:42 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 08:03 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, JDM MTT, Feb-15-12 01:03 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Feb-16-12 07:54 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-17-12 06:40 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736 Previous topic | Next topic