Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated" Previous topic | Next topic
techboyMay-09-04 11:53 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2736, "Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated"

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I'll do the best I can and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. I have a ClutchMasters Stage IV clutch. I wanted to use my stock flywheel b/c it only had 40k miles on it. So I took out the stock clutch, drilled out the rivets and tapped it to except the CM clutch and had it re-surfaced. Nothing crazy so far. The problem came this weekend when I tried to assemble it. When I tighted down the bolts the fingers (I don't know what else to call them) on the CM pressure plate depressed to the point where they were actually touching the clutch disk. I KNOW this is not right b/c the clutch is virtually engaged. The problem is I don't know why. I'm not even sure what questions to ask:
-Is the CM clutch not compatable with a stock flywheel?
-Am I doing something wrong?
-Should I NOT be tightening the pressure plate all the way? (that doesn't make sense to me)
-Am I missing some sort of spacer or something?
-Do I have the wrong clutch?

The problem def. appears to be in the pressure plate. I compared clutch disks (stock and new), they are virtually identical in size and thickness.

Sorry I don't have pics to clarify, I have a digi camera, but I don't have a web site to host.

Your help/insight is most appreciated.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated [View all] , techboy, May-09-04 11:53 AM
  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 03:43 AM, #1
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamMichael_97RS, May-10-04 10:57 AM, #2
RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-10-04 03:10 PM, #3
      RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-10-04 05:42 PM, #4
           RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-11-04 06:35 AM, #5
                RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-11-04 07:24 AM, #6
                     RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-11-04 06:53 PM, #7
                          RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-12-04 07:45 AM, #8
                               RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-04 03:36 PM, #9
                                    RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 02:38 AM, #10
                                         RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 07:22 AM, #11
                                              RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, techboy, May-13-04 07:42 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 08:03 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, JDM MTT, Feb-15-12 01:03 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, 2ndGen-ElTalon, Feb-16-12 07:54 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Clutch Problems ... Need Help .... Frustrated, Moderatorbullettdsm, Feb-17-12 06:40 AM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2736 Previous topic | Next topic