Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #176
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always)" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckMar-12-03 03:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#193, "RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always)"
In response to In response to 8

Well Thanx that is realy helpful. Now Yes I checked my fluid i neutral and running at idle on level ground. I used atf+4. I changed it about6 months ago, cause I found out the mechanic had installed dex/merc 3 instead of atf+3. That is when I found all the metal peices. It is probably not a severe prob. cause the tranny drives fine, it just makes some wierd noises and wont ingage all the way I geuss.

The same mechanic said the whistling noise was the convertor breaking in. That was about 2 yrs ago. It still makes the noise. No probs related yet. And it makes it at above 30 only!! While coasting not accelerating.

I bought the car from a ford dealership. An old lady owned it before my so I dont think she had any aftermarket shyt installed. She drove it alot though and it was hurting when I found it. Bad. They dealer wont cheap with everything of course tro fix it to. So they probably broke a line and spliced it together, instead of buying a new one. As the lines dont have flared ends.

I have only changed the fluid onc sense I owned it. But have already replaced the tranny. The new 1 is the 1 I changed the fluid in. It had 30K miles on it when I installed in my car. Now about 50K. I only supect he changed it but I dont now for sure. He said it was fine before he installed it, but charged me for a change. It was pissing fluid when I picked it up after he changed the fluid, maybe. He said he never changed it so wasn't responsable for the leak and he charged me by mistake. But I dont no. So there may have been 40K worth of metal in there.

My tranny is out of a 98 avenger. It now has 50k on it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

couple trany ??? long [View all] , shybuck, Mar-11-03 01:39 PM
  RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 01:56 PM, #1
RE: couple trany ??? long, shybuck, Mar-11-03 02:24 PM, #2
      RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 02:27 PM, #3
           RE: couple trany ??? long, shybuck, Mar-11-03 05:12 PM, #4
                RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 05:18 PM, #5
                     RE: couple trany ??? long, Fast420A, Mar-11-03 06:27 PM, #6
                          RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), WIKKI, Mar-11-03 10:30 PM, #7
                               RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), Joe B Slow, Mar-12-03 06:12 AM, #8
                                    RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), shybuck, Mar-12-03 03:09 PM #9
                                         RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), KLIPZED, Mar-12-03 03:35 PM, #10
                                              RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), Joe B Slow, Mar-12-03 03:36 PM, #11
RE: couple trany ??? long, Teamdougie2, Mar-12-03 04:00 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #176 Previous topic | Next topic