Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #176
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: couple trany ??? long" Previous topic | Next topic
Joe B SlowMar-11-03 01:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
707 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#177, "RE: couple trany ??? long"
In response to In response to 0

1. Why does mine make a whistle/humming sound if coasting at about 30-35?

Dunno - prolly just the harmonics of the spinning inside the transmission.

2. Why does mine roll backwards if parked on a hill? It never did before.
Dunno about this one either, do you mean roll back like rolling down the hill or rolling back then stopping?

3. Does the tranny have a mysterious 5th/passing gear? Sometimes when I mash the gas it will shift and really take off, but sometimes it stays in the same gear and moves slower than it would if it had just shifted, under the same conditions.

Different conditions. Our transmissions work by sampling itself over and over and making choices based on those samples.

4. How do u change the all the fluid without removing the tq convertor? When i change mine I only get about 1.5-2 gallons out, but the manuel says there 9 quarts.

You can change the fluid - go for a run - change it again and it should almost all be out. Otherwise you have to take it to a shop with a huge ass machine to do it.

5. Are there 2 tranny kits? A valve body and a shift kit.

Yes i believe there is a shift kit to install , and then also a valve body kit that contains all the pieces already. Like a direct swap sort of thing.

6. Why do I have a small piece of rubber hose splicing one tranny line together? It is located right under the radiator, but below the bumper and everything.

These are your oil cooling lines.

7. Why do I have 3 different colors in my tranny fluid. Red, Black, and Shiny metal, also sometimes white foam.

You shouldnt have shiny metal inside your tranny fluid. That is bad. Check to make sure your magnets are picking up all that. Black - who knows. Should all be red and if its foaming most likely you have too much fluid in there. Remember, our transmissions are VERY picky about certain tolerences.

Hope that helps. And if I'm wrong about anything guys correct me if you want:thumbsup

Goog

Formerly Joe B Slow
Hi.
AIM: brohymn411
Email: brohymn411@hotmail.com

ph33r me im l33t: I'm like
ph33r me im l33t: petting the tranny cooler
ph33r me im l33t: it looks like a baby intercooler
ph33r me im l33t: it's so cute
ph33r me im l33t: seriously man
ph33r me im l33t: it's like
ph33r me im l33t: I flow shit
ph33r me im l33t: what now
ph33r me im l33t: I cool that bitch down

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

couple trany ??? long [View all] , shybuck, Mar-11-03 01:39 PM
  RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 01:56 PM #1
RE: couple trany ??? long, shybuck, Mar-11-03 02:24 PM, #2
      RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 02:27 PM, #3
           RE: couple trany ??? long, shybuck, Mar-11-03 05:12 PM, #4
                RE: couple trany ??? long, Joe B Slow, Mar-11-03 05:18 PM, #5
                     RE: couple trany ??? long, Fast420A, Mar-11-03 06:27 PM, #6
                          RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), WIKKI, Mar-11-03 10:30 PM, #7
                               RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), Joe B Slow, Mar-12-03 06:12 AM, #8
                                    RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), shybuck, Mar-12-03 03:09 PM, #9
                                         RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), KLIPZED, Mar-12-03 03:35 PM, #10
                                              RE: couple trany ??? long (long response as always), Joe B Slow, Mar-12-03 03:36 PM, #11
RE: couple trany ??? long, Teamdougie2, Mar-12-03 04:00 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #176 Previous topic | Next topic