Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #121951
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonAug-12-13 01:52 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121951, "WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services"
Aug-12-13 01:54 PM by Fotowntalon

As most of you know I work for Callies Performance Products, and I am trying to expand our reach in the tuner market by offering our Aero-Shedding services. While more often than not we use this process on crankshafts to reduce friction, I have also seen people use this on connecting rods, camshafts, gears etc.

FAQ

What is Aero-Shedding?
Aero-Shed is a micro/super polish procedure done to metal. Most people are more familiar with REM finishes, however this is not a REM, we do not use chemicals to etch the parts. So what does all this mean? It makes the part extremely smooth. This accomplishes 2 things, reduction in friction, and strengthens the part!

The point?
Less friction means more horsepower and better gas mileage. A smoother surface reduces stress risers and in turn, makes for a stronger part.

What can be Aero-Shed?
Just about anything that is metal, however the most popular things would be cranks, rods, and head components. Although I have seen compressor wheels, gears turbine housings and etc.

Turn Around Time?
For standard items, such as cranks and rods, about 3-5 days(not including shipping time). For more unique items, look at around 2 weeks.

Pricing?
Cranks $250 per crank
Con Rods $250 per set of rods
Camshafts $187 a pair
For other items - Replay/Call/PM/E-mail for pricing

Contact
PM to this message
Call 419-435-2711 Ask for Steve
E-mail SOvermier@Callies.com

-=Disclaimer=-
Aero-Shedding does smooth out parts and reduce friction! HOWEVER, results will vary depending on the base part to be worked on (especially visually). The better the machine work the better the results. Most parts we have Aero-Shed look chrome, however visual appearance can vary by material type and if it is a
forging/billet or cast piece.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services [View all] , Fotowntalon, Aug-12-13 01:52 PM
  RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fallen4ng31, Aug-13-13 08:09 AM, #1
RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fotowntalon, Aug-13-13 01:20 PM, #2
      RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fotowntalon, Aug-14-13 09:27 AM, #3
      RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, ModeratorCorbin, Aug-14-13 06:31 PM, #4
           RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fotowntalon, Aug-15-13 07:18 AM, #5
                RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fotowntalon, Aug-15-13 07:22 AM, #6
                     RE: WTS: Callies Aero-Shedding Services, Fotowntalon, Sep-06-13 08:18 AM, #7

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #121951 Previous topic | Next topic