Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #120219
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
xiDsmmanixJan-02-12 09:53 PM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120219, "FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"

Hey guys,
I've recently decided to abandon my project car. I've owned my Eclipse for two years and it has sat more then it ran. The car is modified, over $15k of parts over the years. I will get to the bad later on in the post, but this is a PROJECT, it needs someone that knows what they're doing with these cars, because I got in over my head with this car. This car would be a good candidate for a part out too, but I do not have the time or resources to do so. So here we go.

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (no options, lightest model)
173,xxx on the body.
Motor only has 14k miles from rebuild.
I have all receipts.

ENGINE:
Bored .020 over
Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons
Eagle Connecting Rods
Clevite Main Bearings
Clevite Rod Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Melling Oil Pump
Newish OEM Crankshaft Pulley Head
3 Angle Valve Job
Some Port and Polish on the Exhaust and Intake Sides
Bronze Valve Guides
Stainless Steel Valves—Standard Size
Crower Valve Springs
Crower Titanium Retainers
ARP Head Studs
Crower Stage II Turbo Grind Camshafts
New Lifters
Red OBX Cam gears (not installed)

TRANSMISSION:
Exedy Clutch (not sure which one, was one there when I bought the car)

ELECTRONICS:
Greddy Turbo Timer (black)
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller (black)
Stewart Warner 15psi Boost Gauge
Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge (100psi, electronic)
AEM Wideband
MSnS1 v2.2 (In the car but not installed)
Cd player with Aux, I forget what brand.
Rockford Fosgate amp wires
Aftermarket speakers in doors and in the back, I forget what brand.

Turbo Setup:
Garrett T3/T04E 60Trim
Treadstone Performance Exhaust Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
MitsuMoto FMIC (small dent on inside side.)
HKS SSQV

Exhaust:
2 ½” Custom Downpipe
3” Tsudo N-1 Style Cat-back System

Fuel:
Hahn’s SFMU
Wally 255.
650cc injectors (not installed)

Suspension:
KYB Adjustable Shocks (4-point front, 8-point rear)
Eibach Sportline Springs
Camber Kits All Around
Upgrade to rear disc brakes
Upgrade to rear sway bar
Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts and Motor Mount Inserts

Wheels:
18x7.5 Exel V-8 (6/10)
225/40/R18 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport (needs new tires)

There is more parts but they are odd end's. I have a ton of parts from the car, such as a Hahns SMIC and just a bunch of stuff I accumulated over the couple years.

Now I'll get to the bad. The clutch likes to hold back fluid if you pump the clutch to fast, making the clutch plates stuck engaged, I've replaced the master cylinder and slave, so it must be the line. A couple of bolt holes for the valve cover are stripped and will not tighten all the way, making an oil leak, I do not have a tap nor have the money to have it fixed, hence why I'm trying to pass it on to someone that is more mechanically inclined. The power steering tensioner is broken (tightened via prybar). Has varies Vacuum leaks and the ic piping is not the best either, probably should replace all of that and get a new flange. That's the least of it all though. The car recently had a camshaft failure. It was properly replaced, and the car was correctly timed, but I was doing a test drive a couple days afterward and something did not sound right so I took it home right away and did a once over and found that my timing belt had came loose, and I havent touched it since then. Also, the wiring harness is shaddy at the PCM. This is when I decided the car had to go because it literally hates me. So, the car needs a mechanic's touch and it would be a monster. Unfortunately I cannot be the one to fix it. I know this car needs a ton of work but it has a lot of potential, And I know you guys know this. It needs a good old overhaul.

I'm asking $2700 But I'm ready to sell this, so I'm going on best offer, tell me what you guys think, and I can go from there. I do need a new car, trades can be possible. I'd hate to see it go, but I'd love to watch it leave..

Thanks,
Miguel Gonzalez

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy

FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo [View all] , xiDsmmanix, Jan-02-12 09:53 PM
  RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-02-12 10:01 PM, #1
RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 02:18 PM, #2
      RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-03-12 04:05 PM, #3
           RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 04:21 PM, #4
           RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 04:23 PM, #5
                RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Smash_NDash, Jan-15-12 10:54 PM, #6
                     RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-23-12 03:06 AM, #7
                          RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, JoshDSM, Jan-23-12 09:38 PM, #8
                               RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, iNoise, Jan-28-12 10:38 AM, #9
                                    RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Babbz413, Jan-28-12 09:55 PM, #10
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, JoshDSM, Jan-29-12 12:24 PM, #11
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Smash_NDash, Jan-29-12 12:32 PM, #12
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Feb-01-12 06:08 AM, #13
                                              RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Babbz413, Feb-15-12 04:17 PM, #14
                                                   RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Feb-19-12 02:08 AM, #15

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #120219 Previous topic | Next topic