Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #120219
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
xiDsmmanixJan-02-12 09:53 PM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120219, "FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"

Hey guys,
I've recently decided to abandon my project car. I've owned my Eclipse for two years and it has sat more then it ran. The car is modified, over $15k of parts over the years. I will get to the bad later on in the post, but this is a PROJECT, it needs someone that knows what they're doing with these cars, because I got in over my head with this car. This car would be a good candidate for a part out too, but I do not have the time or resources to do so. So here we go.

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (no options, lightest model)
173,xxx on the body.
Motor only has 14k miles from rebuild.
I have all receipts.

ENGINE:
Bored .020 over
Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons
Eagle Connecting Rods
Clevite Main Bearings
Clevite Rod Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Melling Oil Pump
Newish OEM Crankshaft Pulley Head
3 Angle Valve Job
Some Port and Polish on the Exhaust and Intake Sides
Bronze Valve Guides
Stainless Steel Valves—Standard Size
Crower Valve Springs
Crower Titanium Retainers
ARP Head Studs
Crower Stage II Turbo Grind Camshafts
New Lifters
Red OBX Cam gears (not installed)

TRANSMISSION:
Exedy Clutch (not sure which one, was one there when I bought the car)

ELECTRONICS:
Greddy Turbo Timer (black)
Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller (black)
Stewart Warner 15psi Boost Gauge
Autometer Oil Pressure Gauge (100psi, electronic)
AEM Wideband
MSnS1 v2.2 (In the car but not installed)
Cd player with Aux, I forget what brand.
Rockford Fosgate amp wires
Aftermarket speakers in doors and in the back, I forget what brand.

Turbo Setup:
Garrett T3/T04E 60Trim
Treadstone Performance Exhaust Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
MitsuMoto FMIC (small dent on inside side.)
HKS SSQV

Exhaust:
2 ½” Custom Downpipe
3” Tsudo N-1 Style Cat-back System

Fuel:
Hahn’s SFMU
Wally 255.
650cc injectors (not installed)

Suspension:
KYB Adjustable Shocks (4-point front, 8-point rear)
Eibach Sportline Springs
Camber Kits All Around
Upgrade to rear disc brakes
Upgrade to rear sway bar
Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
Prothane Polyurethane Motor Mounts and Motor Mount Inserts

Wheels:
18x7.5 Exel V-8 (6/10)
225/40/R18 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport (needs new tires)

There is more parts but they are odd end's. I have a ton of parts from the car, such as a Hahns SMIC and just a bunch of stuff I accumulated over the couple years.

Now I'll get to the bad. The clutch likes to hold back fluid if you pump the clutch to fast, making the clutch plates stuck engaged, I've replaced the master cylinder and slave, so it must be the line. A couple of bolt holes for the valve cover are stripped and will not tighten all the way, making an oil leak, I do not have a tap nor have the money to have it fixed, hence why I'm trying to pass it on to someone that is more mechanically inclined. The power steering tensioner is broken (tightened via prybar). Has varies Vacuum leaks and the ic piping is not the best either, probably should replace all of that and get a new flange. That's the least of it all though. The car recently had a camshaft failure. It was properly replaced, and the car was correctly timed, but I was doing a test drive a couple days afterward and something did not sound right so I took it home right away and did a once over and found that my timing belt had came loose, and I havent touched it since then. Also, the wiring harness is shaddy at the PCM. This is when I decided the car had to go because it literally hates me. So, the car needs a mechanic's touch and it would be a monster. Unfortunately I cannot be the one to fix it. I know this car needs a ton of work but it has a lot of potential, And I know you guys know this. It needs a good old overhaul.

I'm asking $2700 But I'm ready to sell this, so I'm going on best offer, tell me what you guys think, and I can go from there. I do need a new car, trades can be possible. I'd hate to see it go, but I'd love to watch it leave..

Thanks,
Miguel Gonzalez

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-02-12 10:01 PM, #1
RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 02:18 PM, #2
      RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-03-12 04:05 PM, #3
           RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 04:21 PM, #4
           RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-03-12 04:23 PM, #5
                RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Smash_NDash, Jan-15-12 10:54 PM, #6
                     RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Jan-23-12 03:06 AM, #7
                          RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, JoshDSM, Jan-23-12 09:38 PM, #8
                               RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, iNoise, Jan-28-12 10:38 AM, #9
                                    RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Babbz413, Jan-28-12 09:55 PM, #10
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, JoshDSM, Jan-29-12 12:24 PM, #11
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Smash_NDash, Jan-29-12 12:32 PM, #12
                                         RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Feb-01-12 06:08 AM, #13
                                              RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, Babbz413, Feb-15-12 04:17 PM, #14
                                                   RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo, xiDsmmanix, Feb-19-12 02:08 AM, #15

xiDsmmanixJan-02-12 10:01 PM
39 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#120220, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-02-12 10:05 PM by xiDsmmanix

xiDsmmanixJan-03-12 02:18 PM
39 posts,
#120227, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

Is there anything I can put to spike more interest? The car is 99% rust free, the strut towers are the cleanest I've seen on a 1995. Everything is almost new, the interior could use some cleaning (7/10). The car needs a good home, so what would be a reasonable price for this car?

ModeratorbullettdsmJan-03-12 04:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#120228, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

Welllllll, here's the problem; I recently bought a 98 with $14k invested in it with 142k miles and approx. the same stuff as you. I bought it for $2600 and the owner was lucky that I was looking for that vehicle. He was trying to sell for quite some time.

Its tough to sell a "project car" especially if the car has problems running. "Project cars" should be parted out to get the most back for the owner. Otherwise, to most buyers, you are just selling a car that has problems.

Most importantly, you are selling a 95. The 95's are the least wanted of the 420a's. They are the oldest, they have the "old style" smile on them and they have known electrical problems (especially the ECU's). In addition, you are stuck with a smaller clientelle becasue you are selling a whole car. That pretty much makes this a local sale.

So to sum it up, the price is hard to place. It is so dependant on finding the right individual who needs/wants what you are selling.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

xiDsmmanixJan-03-12 04:21 PM
39 posts,
#120229, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the input, I'm trying to figure out a decent price that can match the needs of people and also to match it to the god-awful economy. You're right on the problems though, that's why I want it to go to a good home, someone that knows about this car. It does suck the car needs work, but I can't be the one to fix it or afford to have it fixed. My daily driver recently went down too so I'm in quite a pickle. My price is literally based on best offer, I don't know how else to do this, its really stressful.

xiDsmmanixJan-03-12 04:23 PM
39 posts,
#120230, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Its tough to sell a "project car" especially if the car has problems running. "Project cars" should be parted out to get the most back for the owner

I really wish I had the resources to part it out, you are right about this though.

Smash_NDashJan-15-12 10:54 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
#120304, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

I wish you could part this because I could use alot of it for my turbo project. GLWS

xiDsmmanixJan-23-12 03:06 AM
39 posts,
#120312, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

I will be parting the car come Spring. Fotown has asked for alot of parts, give me a few days to figure all the prices out. Sound good? And I'll make a new thread to make it easier.

JoshDSMJan-23-12 09:38 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#120317, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 7

Please get engine pics and I will be interested in parts also.

iNoiseJan-28-12 10:38 AM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#120342, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

Interested in springs and retainers.

Babbz413Jan-28-12 09:55 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#120345, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

Ill come get it for 2k. Let me know....

95 GS Boosted

JoshDSMJan-29-12 12:24 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#120348, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 10

Price on the MS, very interested.

Smash_NDashJan-29-12 12:32 PM
Member since May 31st 2011
64 posts,
#120349, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 11

keep me updated

xiDsmmanixFeb-01-12 06:08 AM
39 posts,
#120361, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 10

The sale is pending, will give further news when something happens.

Babbz413Feb-15-12 04:17 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2009
260 posts,
#120435, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 13

This car will officially have a new home next week.

95 GS Boosted

xiDsmmanixFeb-19-12 02:08 AM
39 posts,
#120445, "RE: FS: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-Turbo"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Babbz413
This car will officially have a new home next week.

Sold, you can lock the thread. Thank you.

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #120219 Previous topic | Next topic