Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11936
View in linear mode

Subject: "Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
JFeb-08-06 02:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11936, "Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?"
Feb-08-06 02:24 PM by J

Yes, add my name to the list of really, really stupid people.

I installed a new Eclipse radio and pulled my shifter backward into 2nd gear so I could slide it in easy. Stupid me did a remote start on the car when I was all done to see my new beauty in action only to have it jump / kick start and die (fortunately I had the e-brake on and was NOT facing a wall/etc.).

Unfortunately, my car will NOT start back up again... it doesn't even try to turn!!!

Being stranded at work, I called DEI direct (they said to disconnect brain of Viper alarm to remove from equation, but would have to reprogram = NOOOOOOoooooo). Then I called Cartronics and spoke to someone who installs them all the time, and determined that nothing must be wrong with the alarm/remote start itself cuz the doors lock, alarm activates/deactivates, and the remote start tries to start the car (can hear fuel pump, am turbo'd).

Ironically, I went to AutoZone earlier today to test my batter & alternator and get any codes read (scheduled checkup, lol) as I drive w/ a CEL all the time with no cat or o2 sensor (for turbo). So I already know both battery and alternator are good.

I tried jumping the car
I tried Valet mode
I tried 'Disable Starter Kill' feature

What worked was, I had a coworker push me and was able to start the car with a push start!!!!!!!!! Yipee, there's nothing wrong w/ the car. After my 20min drive home, I tried restarting again and same problem (as was expected).

SOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo...........

Where does this leave me?
I'm assuming that the problem is either:

a.) Starter Motor blew
b.) Starter Relay blew
c.) What else could have happened?

I don't see how it could be anything else, or am I wrong?

Any & All comments are greatly appreciated, thanx!!!!!!
- J (it's a Viper vx160, I think)

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!? [View all] , J, Feb-08-06 02:22 PM
  RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, RoughRider01, Feb-09-06 10:21 AM, #1
RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-09-06 12:15 PM, #2
      RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-14-06 09:17 AM, #3
           RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-14-06 10:47 AM, #4
                RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-14-06 01:27 PM, #5
                     RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-18-06 06:09 PM, #6
                          RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-04-06 10:45 PM, #7
                               RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, elgordo, May-05-06 04:24 PM, #8
                                    RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, sgraef4587, May-05-06 09:07 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11936 Previous topic | Next topic