Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11936
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
JFeb-18-06 06:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12003, "RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?"
In response to In response to 5

Well SH*T... got doug's manifold in, and also another starter. I took both starts (old & new) to get tested and BOTH came back as okay, wtf?!? The gear popped out, started spinning, & amps looked normal... exact on BOTH of them.

The thing is, I heard the same pop of the solenoid on the starter in the store as while on the car... but my car did NOT actually try to turn over, just the pop!!!

Talked with the guy in the store and told him everything to this point, and he thinx that maybe the starter isn't getting all the juice in the car & to check the wiring. This I don't get cuz the wiring looked fine to me (very solid connections), and I don't see what else it could be either.

a.) The car DOES push-start
b.) The car does NOT try to turn over at all, just a pop of starter
c.) Replacing Starter Relay w/ Cruise Relay = No Change (same relay)
d.) Starter DOES check out okay
e.) Alarm System DOES check out okay
f.) Batter/Alternator DOES check out okay

WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HELP!!
- J

- J

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!? [View all] , J, Feb-08-06 02:22 PM
  RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, RoughRider01, Feb-09-06 10:21 AM, #1
RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-09-06 12:15 PM, #2
      RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-14-06 09:17 AM, #3
           RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-14-06 10:47 AM, #4
                RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-14-06 01:27 PM, #5
                     RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, J, Feb-18-06 06:09 PM #6
                          RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-04-06 10:45 PM, #7
                               RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, elgordo, May-05-06 04:24 PM, #8
                                    RE: Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?, sgraef4587, May-05-06 09:07 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11936 Previous topic | Next topic