Go back to previous topic
Forum nameAudio, Alarms, AV
Topic subjectRemote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=11936&mesg_id=11936
11936, Remote Start in Gear = Dead Starter / Relay?!?
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, add my name to the list of really, really stupid people.

I installed a new Eclipse radio and pulled my shifter backward into 2nd gear so I could slide it in easy. Stupid me did a remote start on the car when I was all done to see my new beauty in action only to have it jump / kick start and die (fortunately I had the e-brake on and was NOT facing a wall/etc.).

Unfortunately, my car will NOT start back up again... it doesn't even try to turn!!!

Being stranded at work, I called DEI direct (they said to disconnect brain of Viper alarm to remove from equation, but would have to reprogram = NOOOOOOoooooo). Then I called Cartronics and spoke to someone who installs them all the time, and determined that nothing must be wrong with the alarm/remote start itself cuz the doors lock, alarm activates/deactivates, and the remote start tries to start the car (can hear fuel pump, am turbo'd).

Ironically, I went to AutoZone earlier today to test my batter & alternator and get any codes read (scheduled checkup, lol) as I drive w/ a CEL all the time with no cat or o2 sensor (for turbo). So I already know both battery and alternator are good.

I tried jumping the car
I tried Valet mode
I tried 'Disable Starter Kill' feature

What worked was, I had a coworker push me and was able to start the car with a push start!!!!!!!!! Yipee, there's nothing wrong w/ the car. After my 20min drive home, I tried restarting again and same problem (as was expected).

SOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo...........

Where does this leave me?
I'm assuming that the problem is either:

a.) Starter Motor blew
b.) Starter Relay blew
c.) What else could have happened?

I don't see how it could be anything else, or am I wrong?

Any & All comments are greatly appreciated, thanx!!!!!!
- J (it's a Viper vx160, I think)
I generated this page in 0.0086510181427002 seconds, executing 6 queries.