Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11302
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Lot's of help needed..." Previous topic | Next topic
SPL_EclipseJul-21-05 08:15 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11315, "RE: Lot's of help needed..."
In response to In response to 7

Originally posted by Max-Eclipse
Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse http://www.bcae1.com/ that is your new bible. as for the speaker size question...if you are fiberglassing and customizing the mounts, it doesnt really matter. theres quite a bit of room behind the stock speakers. i am going to caution you though: it seems like you have a massive install planned but dont know much about what the hell you're doing. please, please, please start off small and work your way up...otherwise you might end up with something that looks and sounds like shit (assuming this is your first big install). another hint on staying rattle free: wrap and secure a thin strip of felt (or similar) around the "bar" that the latch secures to in the trunk. this will hold the trunk lid down tighter. in my old car, i also adhered a thin layer of matching carpet inbetween the edge of the plastic interior pieces and the metal they touched. this eliminated every rattle i had, especially the ones from the plastic trim in the hatch. if you make really clean cuts and color match the felt/carpet/whatever, its unnoticable.
thanks for the help... This is my first big install... I'm not sure what you mean by start small and work my way up, but if you mean to do a smaller system setup, and upgrade it later and do more stuff later, then im not going to do that cause my car is getting built the way i want this time... after i get my car done, i'm moving on to a GSX and won't be doing a whole lot to this car other than regular maintenence and stuff... I will be reading a ton, and making sure everything is right and that im not gonna screw it all up before i do it though...

if its your first big install, expect a lot of frustration. my best advice is to stay patient and alot a bit of time and money to make sure things get done right the first time!! if you ever have any questions please ask! best of luck to you.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lot's of help needed... [View all] , Max-Eclipse, Jul-20-05 07:03 AM
  RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 07:41 AM, #1
RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-20-05 07:55 AM, #2
      RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 08:09 AM, #3
           RE: Lot's of help needed..., SPL_Eclipse, Jul-20-05 09:36 AM, #4
                RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-21-05 01:52 PM, #7
                     RE: Lot's of help needed..., SPL_Eclipse, Jul-21-05 08:15 PM #8
                     RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-22-05 02:07 AM, #9
                          RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-22-05 06:21 AM, #10
RE: Lot's of help needed..., CustomGS, Jul-20-05 12:41 PM, #5
RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 12:47 PM, #6
      RE: Lot's of help needed..., VOTBLINDUB, Jul-29-05 03:12 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11302 Previous topic | Next topic