Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11302
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Lot's of help needed..." Previous topic | Next topic
a_miller_76Jul-20-05 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11303, "RE: Lot's of help needed..."
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by Max-Eclipse
What size speakers do i need for the front and back?

Depends on what model you have. Most cars have 6.5's front and rear, but some have 4" up front, and then others have 6X9's. Just gonna have to pull it apart and check dude.

What do I need to do to make sure NOTHING will vibrate/rattle, cause I really hate it when cars rattle cause of their system?

Absolutely nothing or a SHITLOAD of everything. I've never seen a car that is 100% rattle free, sorry. Here's a list of things you can do, but since you have no experience then I don't suggest you try any of this on your own.

1. Mat everything, double and triple layer thin areas.
2. Get spray in bedliner material and cover all the areas you can't reach or get with mat.
3. Fill all non-usefull empty space in your car between the interior panels and outer sheetmetal with expanding foam (extremely difficult, can warp car, get a professional)
4. Get your car professionally undercoated with a bedliner (like Line-X or Rhino Liner)
5. Put a layer of players clay on the back of every plastic part in your car (Players clay is the stuff little kids get that doesn't dry up)
6. Barium infused sound deadeners if you're psycho-serious.

What do I do to help make it sound it's best?

Search, read, search, read, search...and maybe read. There are thousands of websites with far more answers than I have the time or energy to type.

Is there a certain ammount of space under the enclosures i should allow for certain ammount of air? Venting? anything like that

Yup, and it all depends on what speaker you buy. Also the shape of the box has a huge influence on the sound your speakers make. Square boxes are basically for shops to throw shit in your car and make some money. Once again, search and learn.

What is dynamatt exactly?

Dynamat, exactly, is a waste of fucking money. I think you're asking what is "sound deadening mat" and that's a better question. Mat is a thin foil sheet that is backed by a thick material which alters the resonant frequency nature of metal. Basically turns "pings" into "thuds" by weighting the metal down and reducing vibration.

Now, "Dynamat" is a very over priced waste of your money. Go on eBay and get "Fatmat". Same shit, like 1/3 of the price.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lot's of help needed... [View all] , Max-Eclipse, Jul-20-05 07:03 AM
  RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 07:41 AM #1
RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-20-05 07:55 AM, #2
      RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 08:09 AM, #3
           RE: Lot's of help needed..., SPL_Eclipse, Jul-20-05 09:36 AM, #4
                RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-21-05 01:52 PM, #7
                     RE: Lot's of help needed..., SPL_Eclipse, Jul-21-05 08:15 PM, #8
                     RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-22-05 02:07 AM, #9
                          RE: Lot's of help needed..., Max-Eclipse, Jul-22-05 06:21 AM, #10
RE: Lot's of help needed..., CustomGS, Jul-20-05 12:41 PM, #5
RE: Lot's of help needed..., a_miller_76, Jul-20-05 12:47 PM, #6
      RE: Lot's of help needed..., VOTBLINDUB, Jul-29-05 03:12 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #11302 Previous topic | Next topic