Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #29887
View in threaded mode

Subject: "FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
gofaster87Dec-04-03 04:38 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2003
113 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29887, "FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
Dec-04-03 04:41 PM by gofaster87

I have 420A DOHC motor for sale. Block was hot tanked and magnefluxed, bored .020 over, balanced and blueprinted. Block includes JE 8.8:1 pistons, Eagle rods, total seal rings, all new bearings and main seal, oil pump and an AFX underpulley(balanced with motor) is included. I am asking 1800.00 plus shipping (if it applies) for everything which would save you $500 over howells price. If you want the SPEC stage 3 clutch that is matched to the motor it will be an extra 325.00. I live in Southern California so you can arrange for local pick up or arrange for shipping and its cost(91320) and Ill drop of the block at the shippers. Payment is required before pickup or shipping(too many people have backed out of deals and wasted my time). I accept paypal, money order must be sent with tracking number(for your protection) and arrive within 2 days. I also have a feshly built head for sale(under rotarygod on ebay) that is for sale. The head has been hot tanked and magnefluxed with a 5 angle valve job. Includes new valve seals and seats, crane springs and titanium retainers and REV 1 mm oversized Stainless Steel valves. I am asking 700.00 plus 35.00 for shipping for the head. Same conditions apply except the head will be shipped FEDEX and insured. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
thedawgDec-05-03 05:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29914, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm actually really interested in your block, but the price is confusing. Is the $1800 for a complete built longblock or just a shortblock? Where did you get the $500 savings number from?

An equivalent FTY built shortblock is $1645.
An equivalent Howell build is $1100 + 300 machinework/assembly + 300 core = $1700.

I live in Socal, would it be ok if I just picked it up from you?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uDec-05-03 06:34 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#29918, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 1

pretty interested right here too, what part of socal do you live in?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.
chrysler kid> and fyi i have never HAD to shave.

"drugs have taught an entire generation of american kids the metric system. "

ChamukoDec-05-03 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#29920, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 2

Im interested also, local as well, Dan you thinking what I am?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

turbo8uDec-05-03 06:48 AM
10552 posts,
#29923, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Chamuko
Im interested also, local as well, Dan you thinking what I am?

yea that u two are gunna help me install it?

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

jsupetranDec-05-03 08:19 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#29930, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 4

i wanna help!

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

turbo8uDec-05-03 08:26 AM
10552 posts,
#29931, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by jsupetran
i wanna help! -------jezreel hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

i'll keep you, chamuko, dan and skrilla posted. i'm working on getting a block right now, so hopefully within the week i'll have everything i need for a good ol fashioned rebuild

<SORRY ABOUT THE HIJACK>

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

gofaster87Dec-05-03 02:00 PM
Member since Aug 30th 2003
113 posts,
#29959, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 2

Sorry guys I just got home from work so Im now just reading the questions. I live in Ventura County, Thousand Oaks area. Pick up is no problem but I prefer payment first becasue of the reasons listed. According to Howell "Crate Motor Short Block 2.0 Litre 420a without core $2,149.95 " This is the price I was quoted and Im including the underrive pulley as well(500.00 savings). Feel free to ask anymore questions.

jsupetranDec-05-03 03:19 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#29966, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 7

not to be a dick. but you want someone to send via paypal 1800 dollars without seeing the product?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

ChamukoDec-05-03 08:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#29981, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 8
Dec-05-03 08:34 PM by Chamuko

I PM'd you. reply?

I agree with the above mentioned, How can you back out of a pick up? You will have cash in hand or else you cant take the block

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

pn0ymahalDec-06-03 07:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#29987, "RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop"
In response to Reply # 9

just some input. I dont know of anyone who would paypal $1500+ who lives within 2 hours of you to hold it without checking out the buy. I think whoever wants to buy it local and drives to your place is serious about the deal!
Michael
99gs HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #29887 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic