Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subjectFOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=29887
29887, FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by gofaster87, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have 420A DOHC motor for sale. Block was hot tanked and magnefluxed, bored .020 over, balanced and blueprinted. Block includes JE 8.8:1 pistons, Eagle rods, total seal rings, all new bearings and main seal, oil pump and an AFX underpulley(balanced with motor) is included. I am asking 1800.00 plus shipping (if it applies) for everything which would save you $500 over howells price. If you want the SPEC stage 3 clutch that is matched to the motor it will be an extra 325.00. I live in Southern California so you can arrange for local pick up or arrange for shipping and its cost(91320) and Ill drop of the block at the shippers. Payment is required before pickup or shipping(too many people have backed out of deals and wasted my time). I accept paypal, money order must be sent with tracking number(for your protection) and arrive within 2 days. I also have a feshly built head for sale(under rotarygod on ebay) that is for sale. The head has been hot tanked and magnefluxed with a 5 angle valve job. Includes new valve seals and seats, crane springs and titanium retainers and REV 1 mm oversized Stainless Steel valves. I am asking 700.00 plus 35.00 for shipping for the head. Same conditions apply except the head will be shipped FEDEX and insured. Thanks.
29914, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm actually really interested in your block, but the price is confusing. Is the $1800 for a complete built longblock or just a shortblock? Where did you get the $500 savings number from?

An equivalent FTY built shortblock is $1645.
An equivalent Howell build is $1100 + 300 machinework/assembly + 300 core = $1700.

I live in Socal, would it be ok if I just picked it up from you?
29918, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by turbo8u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pretty interested right here too, what part of socal do you live in?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.
chrysler kid> and fyi i have never HAD to shave.

"drugs have taught an entire generation of american kids the metric system. "
29920, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by Chamuko, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im interested also, local as well, Dan you thinking what I am?
29923, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Originally posted by Chamuko
Im interested also, local as well, Dan you thinking what I am?

yea that u two are gunna help me install it? :+

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

29930, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i wanna help!

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
29931, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Originally posted by jsupetran
i wanna help! -------jezreel hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

i'll keep you, chamuko, dan and skrilla posted. i'm working on getting a block right now, so hopefully within the week i'll have everything i need for a good ol fashioned rebuild

<SORRY ABOUT THE HIJACK>

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

29959, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Sorry guys I just got home from work so Im now just reading the questions. I live in Ventura County, Thousand Oaks area. Pick up is no problem but I prefer payment first becasue of the reasons listed. According to Howell "Crate Motor Short Block 2.0 Litre 420a without core $2,149.95 " This is the price I was quoted and Im including the underrive pulley as well(500.00 savings). Feel free to ask anymore questions.
29966, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
not to be a dick. but you want someone to send via paypal 1800 dollars without seeing the product?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
29981, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
I PM'd you. reply?

I agree with the above mentioned, How can you back out of a pick up? You will have cash in hand or else you cant take the block.:shrug
29987, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by pn0ymahal, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
just some input. I dont know of anyone who would paypal $1500+ who lives within 2 hours of you to hold it without checking out the buy. I think whoever wants to buy it local and drives to your place is serious about the deal!
Michael
99gs HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32
29988, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Thats fine. I ve had too many people in the past set a time to look at items and never show. I dont like losing time at work or other things I have to do. Ill just post it on ebay with everything else Ive sold.
30322, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Ok for you guys that want to check out the block or head first I have the next 2 weeks off so we can arrange a time. I am also willing to deal on both items a little bit. I am moving soon so I need to get rid of this stuff. Also I asked the shop to leave the block dissambled for those that want to do your own ring gapping. Thanks.
30323, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Originally posted by gofaster87
Also I asked the shop to leave the block dissambled for those that want to do your own ring gapping.

:wary

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DR1665> I'm sure your Talon and my Talon are all there needs to be, since we're the only two Talons that really matter around here

30326, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Well if you want it assembled I can get it assembled no problem. Ive just found some guys prefer to do it themselves.
30334, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
If you'll sell it for $1500 consider it sold. I'll even paypal you a $50 deposit so you know I'm verified and all that.
30343, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
You got it. I sent you an email.
30350, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
god damn it dan.
30353, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
:7
30418, RE: FOR SALE : Built 420A Crate Motor Fresh from Shop
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
u got owNed. SAomeones getting a rebuild!!!

}( }( }(
I generated this page in 0.010836124420166 seconds, executing 7 queries.