Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #110508
View in threaded mode

Subject: "WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
foggy45Mar-13-08 08:21 AM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110508, "WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"

i got pulled over last night for not having a 3rd brake light.
it was pretty much an lisence, registration, proof of insurance stop so he just wrote for a fix it and let me go.
since i got rid of my GS low spoiler i havent had one.

so i am looking for the one that goes inside the hatch, and i will need ALL the components for it since i have nothing that used to go there. prefer grey interior but would go for a black one, just no tan.

thanks in advance

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
eclipse982nrRSTMar-13-08 12:21 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#110512, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 0

If you have two working brake lamps, you do not have to have a 3rd.

I got a ticket for this about 2 years ago, fought it, and got out of it.

Legally, if you have two working brake lamps, there is no need for a third.

Sounds like a dousche cop just needed something to do and to push his power trip over onto you.

All cops are dirty anyway and they are pointless I dont care what anyone says.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread, but I thought I would throw in some info for you about the ticket you got.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Domestic KillerMar-13-08 01:28 PM
Member since Jan 31st 2007
67 posts,
#110513, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 1

Well that depends on where you live!!!! I know when I was home ported in Hawaii you had to have every thing that came stock on the car!!!! If you put mods on the car you had to have some perment ( or some thing like that) with you at all times in the car for EVERY thing you change or add that is not stock. Its been three years since I was there, thier is another member here that live there now and he would know the updated details beter than I. To me it was just a way to for them to just get more money (think $20.00 for every single one) for there over rated islands....

eclipse982nrRSTMar-13-08 02:27 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#110516, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Well that depends on where you live!!!! I know when I was home ported in Hawaii you had to have every thing that came stock on the car!!!! If you put mods on the car you had to have some perment ( or some thing like that) with you at all times in the car for EVERY thing you change or add that is not stock. Its been three years since I was there, thier is another member here that live there now and he would know the updated details beter than I. To me it was just a way to for them to just get more money (think $20.00 for every single one) for there over rated islands....

A lot of new GM cars I work on, I notice are not even manufactured with a 3rd lamp anymore.

Anyway to the OP, I think I have a grey one from my old 95 GS down at my parents house, I will be stopping down there Sunday and will take a gander for you.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

foggy45Mar-13-08 04:02 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#110520, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-13-08 04:02 PM by foggy45

ohh i know its just a power trip thing. ever since i got my car repainted ive been harassed once a week. and i really dont feel like fighting it, since i dont want them poking around the rest of the car too closely lol

thanks for checking for one though

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

DanKidMar-16-08 06:32 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#110564, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 4

I had the same problem when I took off my factory wing with the third brake light. I was able to pick up a nice universal led third brake light from autozone for $12 bucks. Check it out if you don't find one on here.

techboyMar-21-08 10:51 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#110648, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 5

I had to replace one of these one my car too not long ago. It took me forever to find a turbo 3rd brake light. I finally got lucky on Ebay. I think I might still have some extra pieces down in my basement. I pretty sure I have the bracket it mounts to. I'll post back here and let you know.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

techboyMar-25-08 05:15 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#110683, "RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)"
In response to Reply # 6

I checked ... I have a whole assembly in my basement. If you are still looking for one PM me and we'll set something up.

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #110508 Previous topic | Next topic