Go back to previous topic
Forum name2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST)
Topic subjectWTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=110508
110508, WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i got pulled over last night for not having a 3rd brake light. :rolleyes
it was pretty much an lisence, registration, proof of insurance stop so he just wrote for a fix it and let me go.
since i got rid of my GS low spoiler i havent had one.

so i am looking for the one that goes inside the hatch, and i will need ALL the components for it since i have nothing that used to go there. prefer grey interior but would go for a black one, just no tan.

thanks in advance
110512, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you have two working brake lamps, you do not have to have a 3rd.

I got a ticket for this about 2 years ago, fought it, and got out of it.

Legally, if you have two working brake lamps, there is no need for a third.

Sounds like a dousche cop just needed something to do and to push his power trip over onto you.

All cops are dirty anyway and they are pointless I dont care what anyone says.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thread, but I thought I would throw in some info for you about the ticket you got.
110513, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by Domestic Killer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well that depends on where you live!!!! I know when I was home ported in Hawaii you had to have every thing that came stock on the car!!!! If you put mods on the car you had to have some perment ( or some thing like that) with you at all times in the car for EVERY thing you change or add that is not stock. Its been three years since I was there, thier is another member here that live there now and he would know the updated details beter than I. To me it was just a way to for them to just get more money (think $20.00 for every single one) for there over rated islands....
110516, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Domestic Killer
Well that depends on where you live!!!! I know when I was home ported in Hawaii you had to have every thing that came stock on the car!!!! If you put mods on the car you had to have some perment ( or some thing like that) with you at all times in the car for EVERY thing you change or add that is not stock. Its been three years since I was there, thier is another member here that live there now and he would know the updated details beter than I. To me it was just a way to for them to just get more money (think $20.00 for every single one) for there over rated islands....

A lot of new GM cars I work on, I notice are not even manufactured with a 3rd lamp anymore.

Anyway to the OP, I think I have a grey one from my old 95 GS down at my parents house, I will be stopping down there Sunday and will take a gander for you.
110520, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by foggy45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ohh i know its just a power trip thing. ever since i got my car repainted ive been harassed once a week. and i really dont feel like fighting it, since i dont want them poking around the rest of the car too closely lol

thanks for checking for one though :)
110564, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had the same problem when I took off my factory wing with the third brake light. I was able to pick up a nice universal led third brake light from autozone for $12 bucks. Check it out if you don't find one on here.
110648, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had to replace one of these one my car too not long ago. It took me forever to find a turbo 3rd brake light. I finally got lucky on Ebay. I think I might still have some extra pieces down in my basement. I pretty sure I have the bracket it mounts to. I'll post back here and let you know.

110683, RE: WTB: 3rd brakelight (one that goes in the hatch)
Posted by techboy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I checked ... I have a whole assembly in my basement. If you are still looking for one PM me and we'll set something up.
I generated this page in 0.011245965957642 seconds, executing 7 queries.