Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #72657
View in threaded mode

Subject: "custom vertical door hinges" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMay-25-04 04:22 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72657, "custom vertical door hinges"

Alright heres the deal ... first off, I would NEVER be doing this to my own car because I dont really like lambo doors on the eclipse. Anyhow, my buddy with a GSX wants to do some lambos and doesnt wanna pay for $1,000 for them which is obvious because nobody wants to pay that much money for 2 hinges and $50 gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk. My question is, does anyone or has anyone built these hinges themselves and how do you do it. This is was we were going to do but i dunno if its gonna work ... fab up some brackets for the fender and bolt it down, make a piece that comes off that bracket and bolts on to a bracket bolted down on the door and then connect the two brackets with a somewhat loose bolt so it will push up. Now our prob is that if we did it this way, the door wont open out a lil bit first to push it up. We will use the gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk to hold up the door since they are small and pretty damn sturdy. Any idea's of how to make these or anything.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
Sorry_i_WinJun-02-04 05:31 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73060, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 109

I'm interested in a set of these when u get them done. dibs! keep up the good work man

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

BoostedGSJun-02-04 06:10 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#73062, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 111
Jun-02-04 06:11 AM by BoostedGS

Wow, I just now decided to see what this thread was all about, and honestly I'm disappointed in some of the members here. WTF is your problem? Are you afraid that if his design DOES work, you'll look like a asshat for paying 4 times that much for the same thing? He is trying to help us by building and selling a product cheaper than you can buy it now. What is your big problem with this?

To the guy building these, keep up the good work. I've built a few things myself so I know how hard it is. Last year my friend and I built a collapsible ramp to take snowboarding. It fit in a backpack and opens up to be a small kicker. Currently we're working on a poker table that floats so we can play in a hot tub.

Oh, and sorry to hear about your friend.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

xEclipsE RaceRxJun-02-04 08:05 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#73063, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 112

Originally posted by BoostedGS
Wow, I just now decided to see what this thread was all about, and honestly I'm disappointed in some of the members here. WTF is your problem? Are you afraid that if his design DOES work, you'll look like a asshat for paying 4 times that much for the same thing? He is trying to help us by building and selling a product cheaper than you can buy it now. What is your big problem with this?

Yea I just popped in to see what it was all about also, Im disappointed as well. But ppl on 2gnt are just tired of getting scamed and if they at least raise an eyebrow about something they get on the defensive. Just give the man some time and see what its all about. Everyone just seems to be a lil anxious.

FUCKING SWEET! A FLOATING POKER TABLE

BTW: Put me on the list for a pair of these hinges

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild.
*Done with Project: Boost

farmdogg55Jun-02-04 08:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#73064, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 112

Originally posted by BoostedGS
Currently we're working on a poker table that floats so we can play in a hot tub. Oh, and sorry to hear about your friend.

Whoa, sweet idea! LOL.

Anyways, I was going to attempt this before but with a baby on the way and both my cars going down it got pushed to the back burner. I have no doubt that it can be done because the concept of the hinge is very simple, its just getting everything to work properly. With a little trial and error it could be accomplished. Sounds like you are on the right track and I hope it works out for you.

eclipse982nrRSTJun-02-04 02:46 PM
6314 posts,
#73080, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 111

Would like to drop a special thanks to following:
chick_clipse Sorry_i_Win
BoostedGS
xEclipsE RaceRx
farmdogg55

^^^for your support for the hinges, for some of the ass fucks on this site, and for the comments on my friends death.

For djtrickee:
Your still an asshole and your faggot ass needs to move on if anyone needs to. All you do is bring in negative comments and drama into forums and dont think you EVER help anyone or anything. You have no respect for anyone at all, seriously now. When pics are up of proof from this guy in FL who bought the first pair and proof it out that they are a success, your still gonna be the fucker who wants the hinges buts gonna have to pay $1000 to get them cuz you sure as hell arent getting any from me and i have COMPLETELY lost every piece of respect i had for you bro.

The guy in FL actually contacted me this afternoon ... said he going to attempt the hinges over the weekend so we will see how he does!

djtrickeeJun-02-04 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#73081, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 115
Jun-02-04 02:56 PM by djtrickee

Uh huh...

I help a lot of people who are smart enough to comprehend a 1st grade reading level, which apparently seems to be everyone here but you. Show me a post where you have tried to "help" someone... other than in the audio or interior forum where you tell people to turn up the dimmer knob to fix broken fuses, lol lol lol...

Eat a dick you moron. Post the pics. Simple enough isnt it? Send em to me and I will host them. Why do you continue to make posts without putting up some proof??

I feel bad for the guy that got into a motorcycle accident, but really you shouldnt be on the internet posting that I am a faggot when instead you should be grieving and support his family. Pretty lamers....

I can find my own rusted out civic decah hinges on the internet anyways.

pics, pics, pics.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTJun-02-04 03:09 PM
6314 posts,
#73082, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 116

I am not gonna argue much anymore but for your first grade reading level fuck up, look up .... you keep asking for pics and i posted a pic already of what i have. also, it says above that they guy in FL was gonna post them when he was done and in the process fuck ass. I have been with his family the whole weekend with the club he was in and i am sure they want some space and thats why im not there now. chill the fuck out and stop getting jealous that you thought that some random person couldnt make these and they have! just got you about to get proved the fuck wrong this weekend doesnt mean you have to take it out on others sucka. btw, i TRY to help others with ideas, you cant sit there and say what the prob is without seeing it in person dood. also, i did tell him to check his fuses shithole. read the whole forum!!!! im out with a bang! also, lets see some pics of your ride and ill post mine, we will see who likes whos better aight.

djtrickeeJun-02-04 03:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#73083, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 117

Pissing contest now huh???
bwahahahahahaha

You posted a pic of a hinge you made?? where?? ohhhh you mean the picture of the old ass used ebay bought CIVIC decah hinge that you had to drill out and then drill out again.

I will post pics of my car tomorrow, or wait, no maybe on the weekend, errr uhh maybe on tues. or wed., err actually i will just post a picture i found on the internet?? is that good enough?

send me $300 and i will send you some pics or something.

oh hey... i found this pic on the same server. Is it you???

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Pitchblack98Jun-02-04 03:34 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#73084, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 118

hmmmmmmmmmmmm... lol

UberingramJun-02-04 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#73085, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 119

Jesus, this thread sucks. Should be locked until whats-his-face and get us pics/vids of these rebabbed civic hinges working on a 2G. I want my 15 minutes back.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #72657 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Previous topic | Next topic