Go back to previous topic
Forum nameInterior/Exterior
Topic subjectcustom vertical door hinges
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=72657&mesg_id=72657
72657, custom vertical door hinges
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright heres the deal ... first off, I would NEVER be doing this to my own car because I dont really like lambo doors on the eclipse. Anyhow, my buddy with a GSX wants to do some lambos and doesnt wanna pay for $1,000 for them which is obvious because nobody wants to pay that much money for 2 hinges and $50 gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk. My question is, does anyone or has anyone built these hinges themselves and how do you do it. This is was we were going to do but i dunno if its gonna work ... fab up some brackets for the fender and bolt it down, make a piece that comes off that bracket and bolts on to a bracket bolted down on the door and then connect the two brackets with a somewhat loose bolt so it will push up. Now our prob is that if we did it this way, the door wont open out a lil bit first to push it up. We will use the gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk to hold up the door since they are small and pretty damn sturdy. Any idea's of how to make these or anything.
I generated this page in 0.0075750350952148 seconds, executing 6 queries.