Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #72657
View in threaded mode

Subject: "custom vertical door hinges" This topic is locked.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTMay-25-04 04:22 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72657, "custom vertical door hinges"

Alright heres the deal ... first off, I would NEVER be doing this to my own car because I dont really like lambo doors on the eclipse. Anyhow, my buddy with a GSX wants to do some lambos and doesnt wanna pay for $1,000 for them which is obvious because nobody wants to pay that much money for 2 hinges and $50 gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk. My question is, does anyone or has anyone built these hinges themselves and how do you do it. This is was we were going to do but i dunno if its gonna work ... fab up some brackets for the fender and bolt it down, make a piece that comes off that bracket and bolts on to a bracket bolted down on the door and then connect the two brackets with a somewhat loose bolt so it will push up. Now our prob is that if we did it this way, the door wont open out a lil bit first to push it up. We will use the gas shocks from a VW Jetta's trunk to hold up the door since they are small and pretty damn sturdy. Any idea's of how to make these or anything.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
Pitchblack98Jun-02-04 04:01 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73086, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 120
Jun-02-04 04:04 PM by Pitchblack98

lol well ive spent more than 15 mins tryin to help this guy out and i get made to look stupid... so oh well....

IBTL...... woooo woooo

EDIT: helpin out eclipse982nrRST that is...

djtrickeeJun-02-04 04:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#73087, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 121

Originally posted by Pitchblack98
lol well ive spent more than 15 mins tryin to help this guy out and i get made to look stupid... so oh well.... IBTL...... woooo woooo EDIT: helpin out eclipse982nrRST that is...

Me too... this thread makes me tired... like I want to take a nap. It should be locked... then he can make a new thread if he ever gets pics of the ACTUAL product.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

eclipse982nrRSTJun-03-04 10:30 AM
6314 posts,
#73111, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 122

what are you guys talking about!? this thread is great! djtrickee is funny as fuck, the shit that comes out of his, muhaha. its even funnier how you guys think thats a decah hinge but its cool, i know the real truth and youll see it, dont worry. i dont know why i down on djtrickee so much really, i mean, he is funny, everything he says and the lack of confidence he has in my hinges custom made are honestly total sweetness. keep up your great work djtrickee as i will mine after the funeral this weekend. this is great! have a sweet day bro!

Pitchblack98Jun-03-04 11:29 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#73112, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 123

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
after the funeral this weekend.

ummmmm... according to the Obituary you linked us to, the funeral was yesterday.

and again sorry about your lose.

eclipse982nrRSTJun-03-04 04:03 PM
6314 posts,
#73132, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 124

the funeral was supposed to be yesterday and the calling hours were supposed to be tuesday but they were actually changed because the place the family ordered the casket from i guess was the wrong one. i have never heard such a thing but thats what they said to everyone. maybe something else went wrong and they didnt wanna say the real truth but thats what was said and i will leave it at that. im not going to question a family like that. the calling hours are friday and it is a closed casket. ya so im gonna stop talking about this now cuz really its not any of your guys' biz, lol. anyway, thanks for the comments about him, he was a great guy!!!!!!

95GSEclipseJun-03-04 04:22 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
#73137, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 125
Jun-03-04 04:24 PM by 95GSEclipse

dude dont worry about it. it sucks how events like this have to happen. I have lost 2 friends in the last year both 19 years old....it sucks. I think everyone should stop trying to pick everything he says apart...let him make the hinge and post the pics then comment.(not pointing fingers). i just say let him do what he has to.

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

eclipse982nrRSTJun-04-04 10:24 AM
6314 posts,
#73183, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 126

thanks for more props bro and good luck with the painting! i love painting shit with the gun! if your painting it white again, you should mix in some purple pearl and purple flake in the clear coat. just an idea. again, good luck with it!!!

95GSEclipseJun-06-04 05:49 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2003
662 posts,
#73243, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 127

bump

Klein567 - Ya i heard about that ticket you and Sean got.
Clint485 - Stupid chick cop...worst part was she looked like a dude.
Klein567- Thats becuase all hot cops are strippers

djtrickeeJun-06-04 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#73244, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 128
Jun-06-04 06:44 AM by djtrickee

Originally posted by 95GSEclipse
bump

Why the fuck did you bump this? It had almost fallen off the first page, like it should have... DUMBASS NOOB, lolololololol
Don't you get it. they aren't happening. Never were, never will.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

optikalJun-06-04 06:33 AM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#73248, "RE: custom vertical door hinges"
In response to Reply # 129

lol djtrickee

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #72657 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Previous topic | Next topic