Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2409
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question about the AFR Table" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Aug-11-06 07:41 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2409, "Question about the AFR Table"

Sup guys.
I try to use the AFR Targets for VE Table 1.

I try to set up the table, but it is set to Volts. But I try to input AFR in there.

Do you guys know how I can change it?
Coz right now, the table won't let me input more then 5.0 (which I want to put in 14.7) but since it's asking for Volts, I cannot!

Thanks alot guys!
Gilbert

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-12-06 11:33 AM, #1
RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-22-06 09:01 AM, #2
      RE: Question about the AFR Table, gilee_8, Aug-22-06 10:37 AM, #3
           RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-22-06 06:08 PM, #4
                RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-23-06 03:54 PM, #5
                     RE: Question about the AFR Table, gilee_8, Aug-24-06 05:26 AM, #6
                          RE: Question about the AFR Table, Kirby, Aug-24-06 08:07 AM, #7
                               RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-24-06 08:13 AM, #8
                                    RE: Question about the AFR Table, gilee_8, Aug-24-06 09:49 AM, #9
                                         RE: Question about the AFR Table, XMasta19, Aug-24-06 09:53 AM, #10
                                              RE: Question about the AFR Table, Kirby, Aug-25-06 03:42 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Question about the AFR Table, XMasta19, Aug-25-06 04:23 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Aug-26-06 04:24 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Question about the AFR Table, Kirby, Aug-28-06 03:52 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Question about the AFR Table, gilee_8, Aug-28-06 04:56 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Question about the AFR Table, Kirby, Sep-03-06 11:04 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Question about the AFR Table, WickedESi, Sep-03-06 05:56 PM, #17
                                                                                 Can someone post their AFR Table, gilee_8, Sep-07-06 05:46 AM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Can someone post their AFR Table, Kirby, Sep-07-06 07:16 AM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Can someone post their AFR Table, gilee_8, Sep-07-06 09:00 AM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Can someone post their AFR Table, WickedESi, Sep-07-06 12:00 PM, #21
                                                                                                     Some interesting thoughts about EGT., gilee_8, Sep-08-06 04:13 AM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: Some interesting thoughts about EGT., Kirby, Sep-11-06 10:18 AM, #23
                                                                                                               RE: Some interesting thoughts about EGT., gilee_8, Sep-11-06 12:11 PM, #24

WickedESiAug-12-06 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2410, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 0

Have you selected your wideband in the MS Config? I know 2.5v on a wideband is stoich (on most if not all).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiAug-22-06 09:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2450, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 1

Ok, so I've been trying to find out how to make it display AFR instead of volts too, with no luck searching here or msefi.com.

My Zeitronix WB has a non-linear voltage range, so it's really hard to set the AFR table in voltage.

Anyone know how to make that table display in AFR based on the WB02 you configure MegaTune for?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

gilee_8Aug-22-06 10:37 AM
1441 posts,
#2453, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup, I found out why.

Go into megatune configuration.
Change Narrowband to Wideband (with the brand your WBo2 is)
Then go into megatune, go into EGO setting. and change to Wideband.

The reason I only see Volts.. because my wbo2 is dead, so I hvae to switch back to Nbo2, so then I found out there is a AFR target table features. so that's why I NEVER see it in AFR.

Do that, and everything will change d back to AFR.

I hopethat helps.

Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

WickedESiAug-22-06 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2459, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 3

Ah sweet! I know what setting you're talking about. I was thinking that was the on/off for EGO control, but that is elsewhere.

'preciate it!

WickedESiAug-23-06 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2473, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-23-06 03:54 PM by WickedESi

My settings were already set that way. It's still showing in volts :/ Do you have to be running for it to show in AFR?

gilee_8Aug-24-06 05:26 AM
1441 posts,
#2480, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 5

no... if you all set to WBo2, it should output as AFR or lambda. but won't be in VOLTS. only in NBo2 mode, is when VOLTS shows up. (either on or off)

so make sure you have ALL the setting to WBo2.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

KirbyAug-24-06 08:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2482, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 6

I don't think the zeitronix will allow an AFR display in MT. I have not been able to get mine to do that so I just cross referenced the voltages to the AFR's I needed and used the volt settings. Does your MT read like 80:1 in MT when you are at 21:1 on the zeitronix display? That's what mine does and I was wondering if anyone else has that issue...

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

WickedESiAug-24-06 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2483, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, it's just because it's outside of it's range at that point. 21:1 on the Zeitronix display is what it will show when it's outside it's range.

gilee_8Aug-24-06 09:49 AM
1441 posts,
#2485, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 8

I have the innovate LC-1. so, maybe that's why.
But seriously, there shouldn't be a difference to make the AFR table to not output in AFR.

Why don't you just for the hack of it, change to innovate LC-1, and see if the table change to AFR. just try it out and see what happened.

DAMN IT, WHEN WILL I GET MY LC-1 back! it is mailed back for defect!...ARRGGG

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

XMasta19Aug-24-06 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#2489, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 9

Zeitronix FTW...you guys hurry up and figure it out so I can fix mine too

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

KirbyAug-25-06 03:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2500, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 10

They would have to write code in MT to let us see ours in AFR as opposed to voltage. The other WB's are all a linear input, so when they did a code base for one, it worked for them all. If you consult the green piece of paper that came with your WB it has the voltages of the corresponding AFR's on it. I do not believe that they will write code anytime soon to fix this, but if you want to see your table in AFR there are other ways. In mslv if you load your MSQ it will show the voltages you have loaded as AFR's, so you can use that to really fine tune to the target if the green paper does not get you close enough. Also the 21:1 ratio is not out of range, that's basicly pure air to the zeitronix unit. I think it is a code thing with MT that takes it that far down. I think they just have not developed a proper "Range" for the zeitronix unit in MT. If you guy's want a copy of my AFR tables for the zeitronix, LMK I'll be happy to share it...

I edited to the wiki!

XMasta19Aug-25-06 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
#2501, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 11

I would like that ... XMasta19@hotmail.com

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

WickedESiAug-26-06 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2510, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 12

I posted a feature request in the MT forum to allow for the AFR support for the Zeitronix Non-Linear WB.

Kirby, I would also very much like a copy of your AFR table! You can send it to joelbaldridge@bellsouth.net, and I can host it for you if you want.

Thanks Man

KirbyAug-28-06 03:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2521, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 13

No problem fellas, I'll see if I can't shoot those over tonight..

I edited to the wiki!

gilee_8Aug-28-06 04:56 AM
1441 posts,
#2522, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 14

Hey wicked.. if you want, I can post my AFR table as well. bascially I got it through other people also.
and I think it worked REALLY GOOD for me. my EGT now never goes highest then 1400F if I cruise around or light boost.. like below 4PSI. (mostly in the 1300F)

If I boost to like 10PSI or 12PSI, my EGT is still below 1480F. I am happy for that.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

KirbySep-03-06 11:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2544, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 15

I hope you guy's like those, and just another FYI if you open a log in mslv and open your MSQ it will show you what your afr targets are in the mslv screen.

I edited to the wiki!

WickedESiSep-03-06 05:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2547, "RE: Question about the AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Kirby
I hope you guy's like those, and just another FYI if you open a log in mslv and open your MSQ it will show you what your afr targets are in the mslv screen.

Hey I appreciate you sending me that Kirby...

They could spend a little time to write a sniplet of code to convert the Zeitronix voltage for us. Kinda annoying to have to guess and *check* at the afr's.

gilee_8Sep-07-06 05:46 AM
1441 posts,
#2563, "Can someone post their AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 17
Sep-07-06 05:47 AM by gilee_8

Hey guys, you mind if you post your AFR table up here so Me and other can take a look at it?

Well, I am looking for a AFR table that is used for turboed eclipse.
Bascially what I have now is..
below 80kPa: AFR set to around 13.7
80kPa - 100kPa: AFR set to around 13.0
above 100kPa: AFR set to 12.0 and richer

I just want to see how yours are like. can you post it as a picture or something. sorry, I dont' have access to my AFR table now, so I cannot post it up.

Just want to see a reference on how yours look like.
Thanks.

P.S. I tried something like:
below 80kPa: AFR set to around 15.7 <-- leaner to save gas
80kPa - 100kPa: AFR set to around 14.0 <-- leaner to save gas
above 100kPa: AFR set to 12.0 and richer

But My EGT goes rocket high... (not rocket high) but it shoot to like 1550F whenever I drive with load (like go up hill) and this is before boosting. so I richen them.

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

KirbySep-07-06 07:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2564, "RE: Can someone post their AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 18
Sep-07-06 07:17 AM by Kirby

Originally posted by gilee_8
Hey guys, you mind if you post your AFR table up here so Me and other can take a look at it? Well, I am looking for a AFR table that is used for turboed eclipse. Bascially what I have now is.. below 80kPa: AFR set to around 13.7 80kPa - 100kPa: AFR set to around 13.0 above 100kPa: AFR set to 12.0 and richer I just want to see how yours are like. can you post it as a picture or something. sorry, I dont' have access to my AFR table now, so I cannot post it up. Just want to see a reference on how yours look like. Thanks. P.S. I tried something like: below 80kPa: AFR set to around 15.7 <-- leaner to save gas 80kPa - 100kPa: AFR set to around 14.0 <-- leaner to save gas above 100kPa: AFR set to 12.0 and richer But My EGT goes rocket high... (not rocket high) but it shoot to like 1550F whenever I drive with load (like go up hill) and this is before boosting. so I richen them.

I used Nate(ner947)'s to create mine. His is posted here, just scroll down a little... http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1997&mesg_id=1997&listing_type=search

I edited to the wiki!

gilee_8Sep-07-06 09:00 AM
1441 posts,
#2565, "RE: Can someone post their AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 19

Thanks for the quick reply Kirby.
That's the one I pulled out from the search a few weeks back.
And I used it.
But some how based off that AFR table, I tune my VE Table to match that. and My EGT runs extremely high! (back to my original problem before I run Megasquirt)

I was initially got my car running really rich, but EGT very low. I believe I am in the 12s AFR for most the time (I know..I was crazy) but I just got my repaired WBo2 from Innovate, and I plug it in, and I found out my AFR is that RICH. so I am tunning it.

When I tune it so it start to get close to the AFR table that you using now (from Nate's post) My EGT get really high even I just drive without boost, or go up hill and stuff.

So does this happen to you?

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

WickedESiSep-07-06 12:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#2566, "RE: Can someone post their AFR Table"
In response to Reply # 20

Your running real rich with the table you're using gilee.

Stock timing with good AFR's will give you high EGT's just make sure it stays under 1600 (which it should).

Once you have that spark running, you can add a couple degrees of timing for 93 octane for a little extra hp and lower EGT's.

As long as they don't hit 1600 you should be fine (if your probe is in the usually 2gnt spot).

gilee_8Sep-08-06 04:13 AM
1441 posts,
#2567, "Some interesting thoughts about EGT."
In response to Reply # 21
Sep-08-06 04:14 AM by gilee_8

well, thanks for the tip Wicked.
I was just thinking... 1600F is the limit before the piston melts.
So isn't it a good idea to keep the EGT as far away as possible from 1600F is good?

If I use that AFR, my EGT even at regular driving and cruising will be around 1500F. do you think it's fine?

Because I just worry that is too hot even under normal cruising (driving)

And since that 1600F is normal for a 2gnt. but since now we have a lower compression engine in there with turbo, don't we have to look at it as a different application? like.. no longer 2GNT?

What you think?

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

KirbySep-11-06 10:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2581, "RE: Some interesting thoughts about EGT."
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by gilee_8
well, thanks for the tip Wicked. I was just thinking... 1600F is the limit before the piston melts. So isn't it a good idea to keep the EGT as far away as possible from 1600F is good? If I use that AFR, my EGT even at regular driving and cruising will be around 1500F. do you think it's fine? Because I just worry that is too hot even under normal cruising (driving) And since that 1600F is normal for a 2gnt. but since now we have a lower compression engine in there with turbo, don't we have to look at it as a different application? like.. no longer 2GNT? What you think?

That would be a no. It is still the same application with the same limits. The lower comp only changes the way we operate within those limits. Ex. Running the lower compression may make your EGT's a little higher than normal, but the limit is still 1600. You don't want to keep the EGT's as far away from 1600 as possible. If you do that then you will be running pig rich all the time to try to cut down your EGT's. EGT's are one of many tools to tune with, and with the addtion of MS they are basicly an oh shit guage now. Just get the fuel properly tuned and get a good timing curve and the EGT's should take care of themselves.

I edited to the wiki!

gilee_8Sep-11-06 12:11 PM
1441 posts,
#2582, "RE: Some interesting thoughts about EGT."
In response to Reply # 23

aite.. thanks man.

I started retuning my entire fuel VE map since last week... it's getting there! thanks.

I will try out the RPM SPIKE mod tonite.. let see how it turns out!

2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2409 Previous topic | Next topic