Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #949
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..." Previous topic | Next topic
VendorHRCJan-16-01 12:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#959, "RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..."
In response to In response to 9

I have just discovered the extent of dsmtalk, and I can see I have some work to do with these fellas. Thanks for your support here on 2GNT. The bias problem is certainly an issue between 4G6 and 420a. Back when I proposed to turbo the 420A, some well-known Mitsu aftermarket industry experts told me I was insane: that the 420a was a loser and I would be very sorry. I courteously thanked them for their input (conjecture though it was) and replied that, based upon my initial evaluation of the engine, I would proceed and learn for myself its viability.

Since that time, when the facts became undeniable, some of these experts have begun offering 420A turbos to their customers. Vindication is sweet, but other effects of proving experts wrong may be afoot. Let's just say I may have lost some friends in the DSM industry by being right.

Frankly, the amount of effort I have given to the 4G6 crowd has slipped lately while we continue to pursue new horizions with the 420a. Maybe that hurt some feelings, but it is about to change,as we do have some new product in development for them (and you guys too!).

In any case, my examination of dsmtalk so far has revealed that only a handful of posters are responsible for the bulk of the flaming and misinformation. It is a shame that the opinions of a few can taint the perceptions of many more. We have served many thousands of customers over the last few years, and fully realize that a very small, but always present, group are nigh impossible to satisfy completely. They tend to be those whose expectations of service are unreasonably high, and actually have little experience to compare our approach to other companies and thus learn that maybe we ain't so bad after all. Experienced customers are my favorite: they are the most discerning in terms of the quality they seek, and they have realistic expectations based upon years of life experience.

In any case, the hard-to-satisfy types are out there. Now that I am aware of dsmtalk, I can keep an eye out for them and try to counter misinformation, as well as resolve genuine beefs that inevitably occur. Unresolved, sometimes undeserved beefs apparently tend to fester and boil for a long time if not addressed.

There are some real shady companies out there, but we are not one of them. Twenty five years in turbos and twelve years in business for myself has shown me what is right and wrong quite clearly. We don't grow every year because we are shysters. My family, employees and I work too hard to have our futures affected by attempts at hurting our livelihoods. Let it be known: if one doesn't talk to us (or me, I do have a phone) about a problem before posting potentially hurtful info, then one has both missed the chance to resolve the issue effectively and caused undeserved damage to us. Please call me first!

Bill Hahn Jr.
98 RS Turbo: 10.87 @ 136 MPH
HRC Stage V with N20
Nation's Fastest Street FWD 2G DSM
www.turbosystem.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lots of negative talk about HRC on DSMtalk.com... [View all] , TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-15-01 04:56 PM
  RE: Lots of negative talk about HRC on DSMtalk.com..., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-15-01 05:20 PM, #1
yeah I know..., TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-15-01 05:23 PM, #2
I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Armond30, Jan-15-01 05:56 PM, #3
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., silvergs T, Jan-16-01 04:15 AM, #4
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:03 AM, #5
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:08 AM, #6
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:10 AM, #7
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., BoostnRS, Jan-16-01 09:34 AM, #8
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-16-01 09:42 AM, #9
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 12:10 PM #10
                RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Moderatorjuan, Jan-16-01 06:43 PM, #12
           Ah, glad you cleared that up., Armond30, Jan-16-01 04:36 PM, #11
                Shootout...., TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-17-01 04:52 PM, #13
                     RE: Shootout...., VendorHRC, Jan-18-01 03:55 AM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #949 Previous topic | Next topic