Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #949
View in linear mode

Subject: "yeah I know..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJan-15-01 05:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#951, "yeah I know..."
In response to In response to 0

I've long seen that negative HRC talk on DSMtalk.com about HRC. It's other places as well including some groups I've read about. I personally haven't experienced anything of the sort as well as others. It seems though that there's a large consensus amongst many 4g63 owners that HRC provides poor customer support and their "super" turbos aren't so super. (they've always been there and answered my questions...)

I'm not sure why they're not happy with it as far as spool up speed/lag. I can honestly say that my turbo spools up REALLY fast. I really do try and pay attention when I can to see how fast it spools and its hard since it comes on so quick and really throws you back. It has been right around or before 2600-2800 rpms though and somewhat dependent on gear. I just put in a 2.5" mandrel bent piping, so it even spools faster(if that's possible) and the top-end is just really, really mean now. The main thing is, I don't ever feel like I'm waiting for the turbo to kick in b/c it already has. Also, I know the 4000 rpm range has to be the happy spot though with this turbo. At that rpm point, it just feels like you could take off with the turbo boost.

Now, I know that my compression ratio is higher than the 4g63 bunch, so my turbo probably spools faster than theirs, but if you take a gander at "Tractionless in PA" and you'll find he's a big supporter of the Super 16g turbo. Take a look at some of his past posts and you'll see how much he likes it. In addition, that guy's setup is about as complete as they come. Also, I've seen many others step up for this turbo like some in SpeedExtremeties.com. IIRC, there's some guy who's just about the fastest one there who has it.

Anyways, with people like Joe A., Chris M., and Armond who all have pretty big setups using this turbo successfully, that's good enough for me. I guess you'll just have to go on gut feeling and see what happens though. In the end, you'll be the one paying the money.

Oh, and if I were HRC, I wouldn't even support those guys anymore. Sure they buy HRC's intercooler pipes, intercoolers, and downpipes all the time, but if they're not going to step up and say anything nice, I would just stick with the 420a crowd.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lots of negative talk about HRC on DSMtalk.com... [View all] , TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-15-01 04:56 PM
  RE: Lots of negative talk about HRC on DSMtalk.com..., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-15-01 05:20 PM, #1
yeah I know..., TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-15-01 05:23 PM #2
I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Armond30, Jan-15-01 05:56 PM, #3
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., silvergs T, Jan-16-01 04:15 AM, #4
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:03 AM, #5
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:08 AM, #6
      RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 07:10 AM, #7
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., BoostnRS, Jan-16-01 09:34 AM, #8
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Jan-16-01 09:42 AM, #9
           RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., VendorHRC, Jan-16-01 12:10 PM, #10
                RE: I think it is just a personal prefrence fo theirs..., Moderatorjuan, Jan-16-01 06:43 PM, #12
           Ah, glad you cleared that up., Armond30, Jan-16-01 04:36 PM, #11
                Shootout...., TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-17-01 04:52 PM, #13
                     RE: Shootout...., VendorHRC, Jan-18-01 03:55 AM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #949 Previous topic | Next topic