Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #162
View in linear mode

Subject: "couple extra things" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinDec-05-00 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#165, "couple extra things"
In response to In response to 2

Jason got everything pretty good...but I've got a couple more things to add. I've got one of the old tubular stainless manifolds. The bolts were nearly impossible to get in. I had to do some grinding on the head of one of the bolts. It is still a serious pain to install. If I remember correctly, I am using a stock exhaust gasket with hi-temp RTV around the ports. No leaks so far. I did have a problem with the bolts backing out. I eventually just put locktite on them. Heh heh, don't do it. The bolts don't back out anymore...I think they are fused to the head. I put locktite on the downpipe bolts at the same time. When I tried to remove those, the bolt sheared in half . Now I am too scared to touch the manifold bolts. At least it doesn't leak. I used to have my FPR mounted next to the battery. It seemed to take a while to warm up . I recently moved the FPR next to the intake manifold. I dropped the cruise and throttle cable box down a couple inches and mounted the FPR to the top of the box. Now it warms up quicker and I still have my cruise control.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.. [View all] , Nemizis, Dec-05-00 08:06 AM
  RE: Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.., Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-05-00 08:22 AM, #1
Lemme give this a shot..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-05-00 08:56 AM, #2
couple extra things, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-05-00 04:44 PM #3
      STAR KIT, 95ESi, Dec-06-00 05:26 AM, #4
           RE: STAR KIT, Locke, Dec-06-00 06:42 AM, #5
                Re: Power Steering Belt, BoostnRS, Dec-08-00 08:43 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #162 Previous topic | Next topic