Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #162
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.." Previous topic | Next topic
NemizisDec-05-00 08:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#162, "Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.."

Well its going over 2 years now that I've had the Stage II HRC kit on my car. Put the kit on when I hit 10k miles, I have 30k now. After first putting on the kit the car fu***n flew, bar none. However from the very start I've never been able to get over 100psi of fuel pressure. The instructions said it should be up around 115psi at 8psi. My kit's instructions let out a lot of info, like being forced to remove my cruise control unit to fit the FPR. I seen a pic with somebody having the FPR by the battery, is that how the newer kits are having em placed? The first dilemma was HRC's exhaust manifold, it used 4 individual runners that merged before the turbo outlet, but after a couple thousand miles the welds cracked, making the car sound like a piece of crap along with loss of power. The new manifold is ten times beefier, but I've noticed a loss of power cause of its one chamber design (exhaust hits the inlet plate till it escapes thru it) Anybody else have problems getting all the exhaust manifold bolts thru? The clearance is so tight that I have to leave out one bolt, there is just no room. I've been plagued with exhaust manifold bolts coming loose, even after tighting em when its hot. (And its not cause of missing the one bolt, the old manifold did the same thing) Somebody said there are locking head bolts, anybody know anything about em? Anybody using a exhaust manifold gasket? HRC told me I didnt need one... Anybody locate a in-car fuel pressure gauge that can go over 100psi??? Well I've been running 10psi for about all of the 20k, depending on the outside temperature. Pretty reliable except for a fuel line rubbing on a sharp edge near the FPR, made myself a gasoline pool in a McDonalds parking lot. Props to Wyatt, Ive been trying to find a high pressure fuel pump for a while. Is it a in tank replacement? Well at the of this summer the car quit, sounded like it was cammed out, blowing oil thru the valve cover breather, into my recovery unit/filter all over the engine like it was its job. 70 psi in Cylinder 1(pressure rose after pouring some oil inside it), 170 in the rest. Ill find out tommorrow if its a melted piston or broken ring. Not sure if I can scrounge up the loot for the lower compression pistons and rods. Should I try a thick copper head gasket to raise the compression ratio a little? Are there high performance head gaskets I can get instead of copper (rather have the gasket go then my pistons/valves). Sorry for the long post Oh yeah, one more thing, anybody else have problems with there power steering belt flying off when ya really rip into it?? Basically all in all, you get a turbo kit, your eventually gonna have problems....

*Gotta PAY to PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Allentown, PA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.. [View all] , Nemizis, Dec-05-00 08:06 AM
  RE: Sup guys, I bought the 1st production HRC kit, got some questions and comments for ya's.., Jason 95 GS Turbo, Dec-05-00 08:22 AM, #1
Lemme give this a shot..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-05-00 08:56 AM, #2
couple extra things, ModeratorCorbin, Dec-05-00 04:44 PM, #3
      STAR KIT, 95ESi, Dec-06-00 05:26 AM, #4
           RE: STAR KIT, Locke, Dec-06-00 06:42 AM, #5
                Re: Power Steering Belt, BoostnRS, Dec-08-00 08:43 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #162 Previous topic | Next topic