Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Oct-03-12 10:46 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109541, "RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?"
In response to In response to 4
Oct-03-12 10:49 AM by Tired2

Originally posted by Gruff511
Why not just sell the neo and rising rate fpr and what ever else you have thats trIckIng the ecu and use that money and get megasquirt since you can find a MS for a couple hundred dollars. What are all the problems you have with the car? It won't idle normally? Or what?

Any idea where I can get one for a few hundred?

I have been researching, I think I plan to go with an MSII. The MS3X setup is cool, but I don't really need the bells and whistles. I think I can probably get by with sequential injection and spark if I ever want to go that route, but batch fire and wasted spark should be good initially. MS2 Extra supports those things.

My plan is to work out the idle and get the car registered, inspected, etc and make sure I don't have any other problems. I've only put about 200yds of driving on the car since I got it, and I want to make sure all is well before dropping the money.

Diyautotune has the MSII kit for $278 + shipping + some add on mods I'll need like the boost control transistor kit, solenoid, and the additional coil output mod to run my second coil.... so, probably like $350+50 for boost control, all said and done. I'll probably keep the stock ECU for fan and AC and alternator control. If I got the MS3X I could ditch the whole ECU, but probably not really worth it for an additional $180 or whatever it is to upgrade to MS3 and get the extra MS3X card.

If anyone knows where to get a setup cheaper, let me know. I'll be building my own harness and such, so no need to drop $80+ on those like the EFI sites charge.... using stock relays and such as well.

One other question about megasquirt if anyone can help... this is more of a 420A question than an MS generic question probably.

Will the stock fuel pressure regulator keep ~43/45 psi of fuel on the fuel rail under boost conditions if I remove the SFMU? (I do have a 255 walbro pump) I don't think I need to raise the rate with my 510CC injectors probably when using MSII, just want to make sure boost does not mess with the FPR. I don't think it does, but I'm new to this.

Thanks for reading.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch [View all] , Tired2, Sep-23-12 08:22 PM
  RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 08:09 AM, #1
RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Slo2g, Sep-24-12 08:45 AM, #2
      RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 09:36 AM, #3
           RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Gruff511, Sep-30-12 11:19 AM, #4
                RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-03-12 10:46 AM #5
                     RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-03-12 08:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-04-12 08:02 AM, #7
                               RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-06-12 12:09 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-10-12 11:18 AM, #9
                                         RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, PinkPixi, Oct-14-12 09:43 PM, #10
                                              RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-15-12 11:31 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-02-12 09:25 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Nov-03-12 09:44 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Nov-03-12 05:50 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519 Previous topic | Next topic