Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch" Previous topic | Next topic
Tired2Sep-23-12 08:22 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2012
124 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#109519, "Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch"

Hi... first post here.

I have been reading a good bit, and I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of how to turbo a 420A "properly".... but I need advice.

I just got a used eclipse 2gnt with a hahn 16g kit on it. I just finished replacing the head gasket, water pump, timing set, etc, and it runs now with the help of some starter fluid to get it going.

It is equipped with yellow injectors, which I've read are most likely 510cc. It has an Apexi AFC Neo hooked up, which I've read is useful in tricking the ECU into pulling some fuel with larger injectors. It also has a variable rising rate regulator to increase the fuel pressure.

I have a wideband installed already, so that is good to go, and a fuel pressure gauge. I have some 4.7v / 4.3v zener diodes on the way to make my own Fuel cut defender, since the one that was on the car before must have been removed or something... MAP wires were twisted and taped :-/ !??!? Also, running forged pistons, so that is good news.

So.. my questions are.. where to begin? I know most people here will say "get a hahn port fueler", or "run megasquirt".... megasquirt is in the plans for sure, but in the meantime I need to get this thing running under minimal boost with what I have so I can justify the additional cost of megasquirt.

So, I plan to pull the vac/boost ref off of the rising rate regulator and set the onset. Right now it comes on way too early, I believe while still under vacuum.

How would you tune this thing in? Where should I be setting the AFC Neo?

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch [View all] , Tired2, Sep-23-12 08:22 PM
  RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 08:09 AM, #1
RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Slo2g, Sep-24-12 08:45 AM, #2
      RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Tired2, Sep-24-12 09:36 AM, #3
           RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch, Gruff511, Sep-30-12 11:19 AM, #4
                RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-03-12 10:46 AM, #5
                     RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-03-12 08:02 PM, #6
                          RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-04-12 08:02 AM, #7
                               RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Oct-06-12 12:09 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-10-12 11:18 AM, #9
                                         RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, PinkPixi, Oct-14-12 09:43 PM, #10
                                              RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Oct-15-12 11:31 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-02-12 09:25 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Tired2, Nov-03-12 09:44 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Hahn Turbo setup, need advice tuning from scratch / Megasquirt?, Gruff511, Nov-03-12 05:50 PM, #14

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #109519 Previous topic | Next topic