Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TDec-22-00 04:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#279, "fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)"
In response to In response to 4

LAST EDITED ON 22-Dec-00 AT 09:44 AM (PST)

I can't se this as true, Hoot.

I think we've already spoken to his one time, but I just wanted to get your grasp on it.

>a T04/03 won't require any more
>fuel than a S-16G if
>they're running at the same
>PSI. at any given
>rpm, if the boost is
>the same they are pushing
>the SAME amount of air.

So, are you saying a Super 20g and a T-25 both pushing 10 psi are giving the same amount of hp? That's in effect what I think you're saying if they need the same amount of fuel per level of boosted psi. Fuel = hp. Simple truth is that each turbo has different flow rates called CFM's. The T-25 has a ridiculously low flow rate, whereas a race turbo such as the Super 20g has a laggy high, high flow rate. Each would hit 10 psi at different rpm's, but the difference in hp and needs for fuel would be enormous.

> boost thresh-hold, lag and
>high-rpm boost capability are the
>only things that change with
>turbo size.

All of these things are contributing facts to what makes a turbo different and unique to someone's turbo application, but I would add that fuel ALSO needs to differ uniquely to every single turbo application as well.

the AMOUNT
>of air that they push
>is determined by the PSI
>and your engine's displacement.

That's true and also the turbo and compressor capacity(the amount of air the turbo can hold and push through it's compressor) Since a T-25 needs only a little bit of air to fill up it's compressor and turbine blades, it spools quickly and needs smaller amounts of corresponding fuel at a certain level of psi to create your car's most efficeint stoichiometric(sp?) ratio.

>so a fuel pressure/injector size
>that works with one turbo
>will work with another for
>the same boost level.

I respectfully disagree b/c of my previous comments. I look forward to your take on this Hoot.

Therefore, it's my opinion that the T04/03 turbo would need a "different" amount of fuel than does the S-16g. Albeit maybe a small amount, if each turbo has different flow rates, in which I'm sure they do, they will also need different fuel pressures.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :) [View all] , TeamWyatt, Dec-14-00 09:39 AM
  RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), BoostnRS, Dec-14-00 10:01 AM, #1
RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), SaberKhan, Dec-20-00 01:42 PM, #3
Thanks Wyatt..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-14-00 02:38 PM, #2
RE: Thanks Wyatt..., Hoot, Dec-21-00 12:38 PM, #4
      fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:42 AM #5
           RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-22-00 10:39 AM, #6
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), SaberKhan, Dec-22-00 01:27 PM, #7
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:07 PM, #8
                     RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-23-00 11:42 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274 Previous topic | Next topic