Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TDec-22-00 04:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#282, "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)"
In response to In response to 6

I'd like to simplify our discussion by taking out the variable of different rpm's equalling different boost results and thusly different fuel needs apportioned by the ecu or fpr or whatever. (For now on, we're using boost controllers at wide open throttle...well let's say 6000rpm's )

I know in one sense that it makes a certain amount of "sense" that 10 psi with one turbo would be the same as the next since your boost guage is still saying "10 psi," but I still can't imagine that 10 psi in a T-25 let's say at 6000 rpms compared to a 20g at 10 psi at the same rpm .

Can we agree that if you have more horsepower, then you have more need for fuel? If we can agree to that, then we're both one step closer to where our divergence in opinions arise. Because here's where my point comes in to being: A 20g pounding out 10 psi's of boost is producing more horsepower than any T-25 at 10 psi's of boost. As a matter of fact, I would go so far to venture that a 20G at 5 psi could equal a T-25's hp at 10 psi at the SAME rpm range(if not more).

Example: A Stage 1 420a with a S-16g or T04/03 may have larger compression pistons at 9.6 than a 4g63 with 8.5, but that's not certainly 10 pounds of boost worth of it. Why am I saying that? Well, a Stage 1 420a with NO INTERCOOLER can equal if not surpass easily a 4g63 turbo'ed with a T25 boosting out a high amount of 14.5 psi's of stock boost WITH AN INTERCOOLER. That means the T-25 gets cooler air with an intercooler and approximately 9.5 pounds MORE boost with an intercooler and has maybe less or close to the horsepower that the 420a has with a S-16g/T04/03. (Let's call the 420a higher compression pistons matched with inclusion of the 4g63's intercooler an even wash)

What's the only real variable a I can point out? Turbo size. Again, match me against another 420a, everything else equal, except I have the S-16g and he has the T-25 and we're at the same boost/rpm, I'll be pulling, and I'm positive. Heck, give him 5 more lbs. of boost, and I'll still be passing.

So, the higher horsepower here achieved will require more fuel to facilitate it. Thus, 1 pound of boost with one turbo is a different amount of boost than with another turbo. Although your boost guage says 1 pound of boost, it interprets it in ways we dont exactly know differently from turbo to turbo. The variable of the speed of the boost and volume of the boost has a lot do with this b/c of each turbo's different capabilites.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :) [View all] , TeamWyatt, Dec-14-00 09:39 AM
  RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), BoostnRS, Dec-14-00 10:01 AM, #1
RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), SaberKhan, Dec-20-00 01:42 PM, #3
Thanks Wyatt..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-14-00 02:38 PM, #2
RE: Thanks Wyatt..., Hoot, Dec-21-00 12:38 PM, #4
      fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:42 AM, #5
           RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-22-00 10:39 AM, #6
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), SaberKhan, Dec-22-00 01:27 PM, #7
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:07 PM #8
                     RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-23-00 11:42 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274 Previous topic | Next topic