Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)" Previous topic | Next topic
HootDec-22-00 10:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#280, "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)"
In response to In response to 5

if a t-25 and a super 20g were pushing the SAME PSI at the SAME RPM, then the hp would be the same. (except when you calculate in the fact that the smaller less efficient compressor wheel is heating the air more than the larger wheel). it's a matter of simple logic. consider the internal volume of the cylinder. if you pressurize it to 10 psi, what difference does it make what you used to pressurize it? it's the same volume of air and will require the same volume of fuel to be stoich.

a CFM rating will not come into play unless you try to push more air than can flow through that housing. like if you tried to boost to 16 psi then the Tiny-25 will certainly not be able to maintain that pressure level at a high-rpm flow rate. the 20g will and THAT is where the difference in fuel systems will be needed. because the 20g will STILL be at 16 psi at 7000 rpms but the t-25 will have fallen off to maybe 12 psi. but if we're talking about the same boost at the same rpm... what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

unless you make a very poor choice in turbo size any of the turbo's should require the same fuel for the same boost. if your turbo can't keep boost at high-rpms, it's too small for your engine. small differences created by one turbo spooling quicker than another will be minimal and handled fine by the ecu (unless you have larger injectors and then of course you need an afc).

the different turbos that have different flow rates and efficiencies will make the engine respond different. the idea is to choose a turbo that matches the size of the engine and the boost level desired. there is no ONE turbo that will work for this. any of the sizes that come close are fine.

so 2 liters of air at 10 psi is the same no matter how you cut it. but like i said, only if that boost is the same at high-rpm. if you're only running 5 psi, then a t-25 will have no problem maintaining that pressure up to redline. the 20g @ 5 psi will require no more fuel since it's only giving the same amount of air. it's when you start turning the boost higher that you notice a difference in air volumes (as the smaller turbos can't keep up).

i don't know how else to make my point. other than the heat factor i mentioned above, 10 psi is 10 psi. but if your turbo is heating the air too much, again... it's too small for your engine!

what d'ya think? i like turbo-tech... anxious for your reply.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :) [View all] , TeamWyatt, Dec-14-00 09:39 AM
  RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), BoostnRS, Dec-14-00 10:01 AM, #1
RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), SaberKhan, Dec-20-00 01:42 PM, #3
Thanks Wyatt..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-14-00 02:38 PM, #2
RE: Thanks Wyatt..., Hoot, Dec-21-00 12:38 PM, #4
      fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:42 AM, #5
           RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-22-00 10:39 AM #6
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), SaberKhan, Dec-22-00 01:27 PM, #7
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:07 PM, #8
                     RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-23-00 11:42 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274 Previous topic | Next topic