Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)" Previous topic | Next topic
HootDec-23-00 11:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
106 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#283, "RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited)"
In response to In response to 8

heh... this is gettin good

ok, let's limit this discussion to a "boost controlled" 10 PSI at 6000 RPMs.

>>>"Can we agree that if you have more horsepower, then you have more need for fuel? If we can agree to that, then we're both one step closer to where our divergence in opinions arise. Because here's where my point comes in to being: A 20g pounding out 10 psi's of boost is producing more horsepower than any T-25 at 10 psi's of boost. As a matter of fact, I would go so far to venture that a 20G at 5 psi could equal a T-25's hp at 10 psi at the SAME rpm range(if not more)."

yes, if you have more HP, you need more fuel.

the only reasons that a 20g would be pushing more HP at 10 psi @ 6000 rpms than a t-25 is because if you chose the t-25 for that job, you made a poor choice. a better choice would probably be a 14b or 16g, but we really shouldn't get into that.

the difference in the turbine and compressor wheels efficiency and how they respond, and how the engine responds to them (turbine wheels create back-pressure in the cylinders causing them to not empty completely) WILL make a difference and then there WILL be a difference in fuel requirements. again, there is also the heating of the intake charge by a compressor that's too small for what you're trying to do with it... and by having a hotter intake air charge you'll need to richen the mixture to prevent detonation. if that's the case, you should have chosen a turbo that more closely matches the boost/rpm you intended to run. for the above <10psi@6000rpm> application the difference between a 14b and a 16g would be trivial and you could use the same injector size/fuel pressure on both and let the ECU take it from there.

i guess all i'm trying to say is that if we're talking about 2 turbos that are close to a correct match for the intended use, then any differences will be so minimal as to not be a concern. but if we're comparing 2 grossly mis-matched turbos like a t-25 and a s20g , then yeah, we're gonna see major tuning differences and fuel requirements.

in that respect, you're right. 1 lb of boost is NOT the same for those 2 turbos.

"that's all i have to say about that"... Forrest Gump

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :) [View all] , TeamWyatt, Dec-14-00 09:39 AM
  RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), BoostnRS, Dec-14-00 10:01 AM, #1
RE: Star Fuel pressure (got some numbers for you Jason :), SaberKhan, Dec-20-00 01:42 PM, #3
Thanks Wyatt..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-14-00 02:38 PM, #2
RE: Thanks Wyatt..., Hoot, Dec-21-00 12:38 PM, #4
      fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:42 AM, #5
           RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-22-00 10:39 AM, #6
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), SaberKhan, Dec-22-00 01:27 PM, #7
                RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-22-00 04:07 PM, #8
                     RE: fuel needs are different for each turbo (revisited), Hoot, Dec-23-00 11:42 AM #9

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #274 Previous topic | Next topic